Wednesday, August 09, 2017

{ Homemaker Series }



Welcome to my Homemaker Series!!!

I'm Sandra, and I'm a Homemaker.  Come on in and sit with me a bit and I'll tell you a little about what I plan to do with this series.

To begin with I can tell you that I'm not going to stick to a strict schedule because life is, well, life and sometimes things happen to interfere with the best of our plans and intentions.

What is homemaking???

I know we all know the terms homemaker and homemaking, but have you ever stopped to think about what it really is, what it entails and what our jobs are as keepers of our homes?

Homemaking is all about creating a beautiful home for our families, and there are so many things that go into that, the cooking and cleaning, laundry, budget, menu planning, appointments and decorating and gardening.  All these things wrapped up into one cozy word "Home".
 

I've always felt that homemakers tend to be received in one of two ways, either as a positive and wonderful example of someone you aspire to be, or more often than not, looked down on as if the work we do is not rewarding, not important and definitely not worthy of the mention.

So I decided that I'm going to do a homemaker series, I'll touch on such things as what it is to be a homemaker, some bible verses that encourage homemaking, where to begin, daily cleaning routine, weekly cleaning routine, what our grandmas or moms taught us, weekly home blessing, recipes and menu planning and so many others.

My hope is that through these posts we can encourage each other, whether you love homemaking or whether you detest the very thought and fight through it on a daily basis.  I also hope that one day my daughter will read these posts and take the advice or inspiration for her own home.

2013_07200009

Here's the thing, we don't all have to enjoy being homemakers, and we certainly don't need to enjoy doing the same chores day in and day out, but maybe by changing the way we think about these chores, we may start to enjoy them a little more, or at the very least, get through without clanging pots and pans in an irritated way,  while doing dishes.

Over the next few weeks, I'll be sharing posts with you all.  If you want to join in, you can, but if you want to just read them and get inspiration from them, then by all means, do that too :)

Whatever you get from this series, just know that it was done out of love and joy for the blessing I have been bestowed by God, which is to be a wife and mama first, and above everything else!

10 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I think we can all learn something from this series whether or not we are stay at home Moms. We are all homemakers, married or single, working or not. To do all things as if we are doing them for God will bless us and others.

I look forward to reading your posts in this series.

Happy Homemaking ~ FlowerLady

Lynn said...

Being a homemaker, having the same routines can be boring at times. However, at the end of the day when I look at my clean house, I do feel satisfied. Seeing my kids grow up to teenagers is my reward, it's what keeps me going. I look forward to your Homemaker Series :) One thing I know for sure, your posts on homemaking are inspiring.

Renee said...

Looking forward to this series!

Unknown said...

Excited for this series! Can't wait!

Attempting To Be A Super Mom said...

I love this idea! Can't wait to see what you have to say in this series. :)

Row. said...

I agree : )

Row. said...

love it

Anonymous said...

Really love your blog! A great read every time!

Sliding wardrobe doors

Glenys said...

I love your blog and am a new follower! Blessings, Glenys

Malorie Shepherd said...

Sandra! Did you ever finish this series???