Thursday, July 27, 2017

{ THAT appointment, that no woman likes }


I had my yearly appointment this morning.  I have always stressed myself and worried leading up to the appointment, throughout and until the doctor gave me the *all good* news.

Much as I still find these appointments awkward and uncomfortable, I have learned to just go in with a peaceful mind and to not let it bother me.  I always tell myself that this is so important to do, and I've been very good about sticking to my yearly appointments, check ups, mammograms etc.

Truth be told, I often sit and think that I wish I didn't have to go to these appointments, ever.  Or I remember how it was before I had to worry about any of these things.  But as a woman, it's imperative that we do our part, no matter how out of our comfort zone it may be.  At least I feel good knowing that if something were to be wrong, I will have done my part and it will be caught early enough.

Anyway, I went in, it didn't take too long, actually took longer finding the clinic, because they've moved yet again.  We've been here 2 years, and the Women's Clinic has been in 3 different areas in the hospital.  I don't get it.

I sat and had a chat with my doctor about a few things that had been worrying me, mainly just changes that I have noticed taking place the past year or so.  I was pretty certain that it's all normal changes due to me getting older and being in my 40's but it's always good to double check with the doctor.  She definitely put my mind at ease, which is a very good thing cause given my mind a chance to overthink, it will go completely off course and imagine the worst.


I came home and I don't know if anyone else gets this, but I have pretty sensitive breasts as it is (sorry if that's too much info, but we're all friends here), and when I have the breast exam done, they press so hard that the rest of the day I'm quite sore.

I took some Motrin, I had some lunch, I chatted a bit with my sister in law and then went ahead and finished my menu plan and grocery list for tomorrow morning.

It's not a big list at all this time, I still have a bit of meat in the freezer, and I planned around that, and also a few meals using pantry staples that I already have on hand, so that definitely helps.

The rest of the day was a bit of blur to be honest.  Nothing really happened, I didn't get anything done cleaning or organizing wise, and that's ok because I've been so busy the whole week that one day is certainly not going to kill me.

Dinner tonight was a new recipe from one of the cookbooks that I'll be reviewing tomorrow night, I have to make a dessert as well, but have to pick up the ingredients when I get my groceries, so yeah, I'm not seeing the review up before tomorrow night.


I have so many reviews and posts that I want to make, and it's quite funny that it feels like I don't have enough blog hours or days to do it in.  Does that make sense?

Like when I wasn't blogging daily, I often couldn't think of a single thing to blog about, and now I have too many thoughts and ideas and not enough days to do them in.  Hahah

So all this to say that I'm healthy, I'm feeling so well lately, and enjoying feeling good and living life to the fullest.  I'm ever so thankful to God for everything that I have, my husband and children and my health, my home, my pets, family and friends.  Just everything in general.

It's a good place to be and it's a great feeling to be truly content where you are.  Best feeling in the world :)

1 comment:

Simply Quaint said...

Blessings your appointment was good....yes we fret.....I'm having bowel/stomach issues per say, I go today to gastro dr.....fretting on out come.....as for yearly pap I no longer go, I had full hysterectomy 23 years ago, I go every three years and I have a mammogram once a year....but I see where you worry.....I'm thankful for you it was good news.......

Enjoy the rest of your week......

Hugs
Rhonda