Thursday, July 20, 2017

{ Slow Day }


From the minute my feet hit the ground, the whole pace of the day was slow.  There was no rushing, no need to be anywhere, or projects left dangling and waiting, no phone calls to make, no bills needing paid, and no feeling like there just aren't enough hours in the day.

A slow day.......

If you've ever had a slow day you will know that it moves at it's own beat, it's almost like the planet itself takes a break from the chaos of every day life.

I once read a quote that really struck me.  I must admit that I didn't quite understand its meaning at first, but when it sank in, it suddenly made all the sense in the world.  It's almost like a light bulb moment.

July 20, 2017

"You must go slow, in order to move fast."

Might seem a bit weird when you first read it, but it's quite simple and to the point.  If we go slow and calmly do things, then we do them right and therefore faster.  Quite eye opening isn't it?

July 20, 2017

So that was my day today, and I must admit it wasn't because I made it so, but my body did.  If you're a woman then you know that once a month we are forced to slow down a little.  I have never used my cycle as an excuse to get out of anything, but the first day it hits me like a ton of bricks, the cramps, the headache, the lower back ache, and even lightheaded.  Overall unwell feeling.

July 20, 2017

I'm lucky in that I don't work outside the home, because I can take that day off to just go with the flow, to slow down and to let my body do what it needs to.

July 20, 2017

I spent yesterday afternoon with my sister in law.  We had lunch together, we chatted and laughed and caught up, and then I taught her how to make the Bird Seed Wreaths.

July 20, 2017

They are so simple and in no time, we both had quite a few made and ready to dry overnight.


This morning I added some of my ribbons and tomorrow I'll go around and hang them from my front and back porch. I have quite a bit of chores that need done around the house tomorrow, and after having a bit of a slow day today, it will feel good to get back at it.

I do plan on meeting up with my sister in law, late morning, to run to the thrift store and have a quick look around, and then we're going for some ice cream.

Dinner tonight was a complete bust, I forgot to take out my chicken, and since my hubby knew that today I was feeling so run down, he picked up Charley's subs for dinner.  I LOVE Charley's and haven't had them in, oh.....a year or two?

Not to mention, no dishes or clean up to do and that's always a plus right?

July 20, 2017

I just finished some computer work, got two more book reviews lined up, which I'm excited for because I finally have my reading mojo back.  It had been gone for years, and I kid you not, it really had been years since I had enjoyed reading a book, but the Nancy E. Turner novel kick started that up for me again, thank goodness.

Monday, I have to go to base to pick up some prescriptions and I've decided to pop into the library and see what I can find.  I know it's totally ridiculous with the amount of books for review I still have on my shelf, but I haven't been to the library in a while, so it's a must.

Right now I have the TV on and I was trying to catch up on my crime shows in the DVR but I would rather read, so I'll turn it on to our usual Everybody Loves Raymond reruns and enjoy my story, which by the way, I am more than halfway through my book, all 600 pages of it.  Wow!!!!!

Tell me, when is the last time you had a slow day of your own, and how do you usually like to spend yours?

2 comments:

Carol said...

I try really hard to make Sundays "slow days," but our summer schedule is so different, that I often end up running errands. I am definitely craving one, though... a day of just puttering around, cooking, crocheting, watching a movie or a good TV show, flipping through cookbooks...

Incidentally I just reserved a few Nancy E. Turner books. I'd never heard of her before but they sounded so good! Can't wait until they come in next week.

Sandra said...

Usually my Sundays are my slow days too, but if I'm sick or something is going on during the week, I'm lucky enough to be able to have one then :)

Oh you must let me know what you think about Nancy E. Turner, I adore her books. These is My Words is one of the best books I have ever read. :)