Monday, June 05, 2017

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 06/05/2017 }


Good morning everyone, hope you've had a wonderful weekend.

Mine was very quiet, very relaxing, no rushing or places to be or prior commitments.  Thank goodness!!!

I don't have anything specific going on this week, but we may have some good news, just waiting until Thursday to basically confirm it or make it official.  If it happens before then, I'll be sure to share in one of my posts :)




The weather:::
It's been crazy, we've had some very strong storms the past few days.  Thunder, lightning, high winds and relentless rain, so much so that our River was flooding.  This week we're looking at bright sunny skies and warm temperatures, which is a good thing since I want to try and get some planting done.



On my reading pile:::
Started another review book last night, called Sweet Tea Tuesdays.  I'm enjoying it so far. Have two review books going up today.  Started the next review book last night, it's called It takes One to Tango and I'm finding it very interesting.


Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
The Shack.  I already did a post on it, you can find that below.  It was life changing, truly.

On my TV:::
General Hospital
Dr Phil
The White Princess
Jamestown

On the menu for this week:::
 I have meals planned until Friday, I need to work on the next menu plan, sometime this week.

Monday
Sandra's Mock Jambalaya, Steamed Broccoli 
Tuesday
Bacon Spaghetti, Garlic Bread    
Wednesday
Portuguese Chicken and Rice
Thursday
Homemade Pizza - Pepperoni and Black olives, Cheesy Garlic  
Friday 
*Grocery Shopping*   
Saturday
 
Sunday
 

On my to do list:::
Laundry......Laundry is all washed, just have to put it away
Living rooms.... vacuum, carpet clean
Kitchen..... load dishwasher, tidy up
Blog..... Continue on with the blog to book, I'm now working on 2008.

Visit Happy Homemaker Monday participants.


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Been working on the Atlanticus.  Part 3 is released today, probably up already so will continue with that. 

 Above is my Cath Kidston inspired Atlanticus, as you can tell by the color choice.

This one I decided to use the same colors that I used on my Blooming Flower Cushion, a couple years back.  I ran out of yarn though so will have to try and find more.

Looking around the house:::

It's very peaceful, I have the back door open and just the screen closed, and I can hear the birds chirping outside and the fresh air coming into the house.  I love it.  It's kind of dark though becauseo f the cloudy sky, so I have my lamp on.
The kids are still asleep, of course so it's very quiet. 

From the camera:::
Another oldie.  This one from 2008.  My beautiful Lola.  I miss her so much. 




What I'm wearing today:::
Shorts and a Tshirt
  

One of my simple pleasures:::
Enjoying a cup of coffee and a few cookies , on a dark rainy afternoon.  I will sit by the window watching the rain come down and just sip on my coffee and munch on the cookies. 


Inspirational Quote, Bible verse, anything you want to share::: 
Watching The Shack I was taken aback by so many good quotes, they stuck out in my mind, they made me think, they brought me peace.  One stuck out the most and I even shared it on Facebook yesterday.  It resonated with me on such a deep level, and honestly made me look at life so much more differently. 

“Just because I work incredible good out of unspeakable tragedies doesn't mean I orchestrate the tragedies. Don't ever assume that my using something means I caused it or that I need it to accomplish my purposes. That will only lead you to false notions about me. Grace doesn't depend on suffering to exist, but where there is suffering you will find grace in many facets and colors.” 



7 comments:

Pamela said...

Very Cath Kidston! I think you mean 6/5 in your post title, not 4/5! Have a great week!

Jodi said...

Love your weather for the week! Love your crochet items!!! Have a great week!!!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Your Alanticus is sooooo beautiful! What an adorable picture of Lola, I know how much you miss her. BTW Have you seen A Dog's Purpose? If not, you need to, but have your tissue box ready.

I hope you get your planting done and the weather doesn't flip flop on you before that.

Have a Blessed week my friend.

Jean said...

Hope you get some nice sunny days and are able to get your planting done. Bacon spaghetti sounds delicious and like something I need to check out. Hope you have a great week!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I want to see that movie too - and now I really do! ;)

Your crochet looks so beautiful. So fun to see a pic of Lola again. Blessings on your week dear Gal! xoxo

Anna said...

Your bacon spaghetti sounds interesting.

Lulu said...

lola is so cute