Thursday, March 16, 2017

{ Rest in Peace Uncle Mike }

 
I'm sorry I haven't been updating as often as I would like, but I'm sure you understand that a lot has been going on.

This morning I got a phone call from our Aunt letting us know that our dear Uncle Mike had passed away.

He is Curt's dad's brother, so my father in law's brother.  He had been battling brain cancer for a while and fought extremely hard.  Our Aunt was fighting right along side him, helping him, praying, doing everything she could to make him comfortable.

Unfortunately this morning he succumbed to the disease and went home to be with the Lord.

It's a very sad and difficult time for the family.  Even though we all knew he was unwell and declining, it's always a shock when it actually happens.  You get left with the feeling that you didn't do enough, you didn't visit enough or tell him enough how important he was.

Curt and I wish more than anything that we could have made it up to see him, unfortunately the opportunity never presented itself as they live 2 hours away, and even the times we've made it to Oklahoma to drop off Jasmine, was always in a hurry, literally driving up after Curt got home from work and straight back.

Anyway, Uncle Mike is now at peace, free of pain and rejoicing in Heaven, and for that I'm thankful.

We will be heading up to Oklahoma to attend his funeral on Monday, Curt is a pall bearer which he is more than happy to be, even though he is quite heart broken with the loss of his uncle.

Prayers would very much be appreciated for him and especially for Aunt Nita.  Mike was the love of her life, her companion, her company, and this is excruciatingly difficult for her.

Love you Uncle Mike and will miss you!!!


15 comments:

Susanne said...

I am so sorry for your family's loss, Sandra. Safe travels as you go.

Mari said...

So sorry for this loss. Praying for all of you!

~Mrs.J~ said...

Y'all are in my prayers honey!!

Pamela said...

I'm so sorry, Sandra. Praying for your family and for safe travel on Monday.

Simply Quaint said...

Sandra I'm sorry for your family's loss...he is now at peace...many prayers for your Aunt ....

Don't tell me that is Nicholas next to Jasmine.....

Hugs
Rhonda

Dawn Marie said...

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband's uncle. Prayers for your family. I lost my aunt last year to lung cancer. It's not easy losing a loved one.

Shellie Almond said...

I'm so sorry for your families loss ! Praying for peace and comfort.....

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Sorry for the loss of Curt's Uncle Mike.

My heart really aches for your Aunt Nita.

Prayers for all of you at this time.

FlowerLady

Ksunshine52 said...

Sorry for your loss. Blessing for you all.

Rachel said...

Sorry for your loss. Prayers for your family during this difficult time.

A said...

Sorry for you loss. Praying for you all.

Jill said...

So very sorry for your loss. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Blessings,
Jill

threesidesofcrazy said...

Hugs, prayers and blessings for your whole family as you go through this process. Like you said, even when you know it is inevitable, it still seems to be a shock to you and those you love. I hope knowing that Curt's uncle Mike is now at peace, free of pain and rejoicing in Heaven helps your heavy hearts heal.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Catching up on your posts Sandra. Continued prayers over your mammogram stuff. And giant hugs & prayers to you & your family over Uncle Mike's passing. Deepest sympathies to All.
May God have a hand over you all & help ease your pain & give you all strength. Xoxo

lndwhr said...

So sorry Sandra. Prayers for safe travel. And yes, is that Nicholas next to Jasmine???? Inquiring minds want to know! My goodness he has grown!