Friday, January 22, 2016

{ A slow Thursday }

January 22, 2016

Good morning everyone, hope your Friday is going well so far.  I can't believe that this week is over, not that I'm complaining I'm quite looking forward to sleeping in for the next 2 days.

I put up a few posts yesterday and didn't want to overdo it, so ended up not showing you my day, but since this Friday I'm planning on literally doing nothing, I know there won't be many photos taken or anything really exciting to share later, so I figured I may as well show you my yesterday.

It really was quite a slow day, I got my usual stuff done around the house, but it's so cold here that I find myself struggling a bit.  Never you mind though because I still managed to potter around the house, slow as it may have been.

MORNING::::

January 22, 2016

Nothing like being comfortable but still cute.  I don't believe in walking around the house looking disheveled or frumpy, and I also don't believe in walking around the house dressed like I'm headed to the ball.  I honestly think there needs to be a happy medium.

I had on a black long sweater, super comfy patterned leggings and my cute slippers.

January 22, 2016

Coffee, as always and a few pages on my library book.

January 22, 2016

Mid morning house chores, laundry which is never ending....

January 22, 2016

And some breakfast, strawberry yogurt, granola and frozen blueberries

January 22, 2016


AFTERNOON::::


January 22, 2016

Preparing bread for dinner, I made slow cooked sloppy joes and then realized I had forgotten to buy the hamburger buns, which is not a problem because they're so easy to make at home and taste so much better.

January 22, 2016

EVENING::::

January 22, 2016

Preparing dinner.  I like to clean things as I go so as not to have a full sink or dirty counters etc.  I don't know, but I feel like I can't really function in my kitchen if it's a mess.

January 22, 2016

Delicious, simple dinner.  I really wish that so many more homemakers would realize just how easy it is to make certain things yourself instead of buying.  It does take a little planning but the rewards far out weigh the time spent getting things done.

I'll have the recipe for these buns up shortly.

January 22, 2016

The day ended with one of the most beautiful sunsets I've seen in a long time.  It's just gorgeous isn't it?

I worked on a little crochet, I've now got the third row blocks all done and am going to sit down here in a minute and get them joined to the rest of the blanket.

These blocks work up so quickly that I can make 2 or 3 in about an hour, but so I don't feel rushed or pressured, what I've been doing is making one every morning while I watch my soap or vlogs.  Depending on how many rows I want to have overall, if I keep at this pace, every Friday I will be able to add on a row to the blanket and before long, it will be done.  :)

While doing the crochet last night, I actually caught up on some shows on the DVR and watched the first episode of Texas Rising which I thoroughly enjoyed.

This morning, I watched the newest Jericho episode and am now going to start on Beowulf.

But first.......well first I need to go and get some boiled eggs in the pressure cooker so that I can make the kids a Tuna salad for lunch, and a tomato and egg sandwich for me.

Tonight's dinner is going to be homemade pizza which is always a hit around here.

Wishing you all a wonderful rest of Friday.

2 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Looks like it was one of those slow - but happy homemaker kind of days. ;)

Would love to have the recipe for those buns! They look delish!!

Have a wonderful weekend Sweetie. xoxo

Tina Leigh said...

Seems like just the right kind of activities going on....yummmmmmmmm