Saturday, January 16, 2016

{ Friday and Saturday }

January 16, 2016

Hello friends, I was going to blog yesterday but didn't get a chance, had a busy day.

Our family arrived around 4:30pm and shortly after we went out to dinner.  We have a Mexican restaurant just up the road and hadn't tried it yet, and Mexican is my absolute favorite food to eat, well, aside from Portuguese of course.

Had a wonderful dinner, delicious food and it wasn't very expensive either.  We came back to our house and played a few card games before calling it a night.

January 16, 2016

Woke up this morning to a winter wonderland.  If I tell you they were some of the biggest flakes I have ever seen in my life, would you believe me?

My goodness, they were huge.

It came down pretty hard for about 3 hours.

January 16, 2016

But after a few hours, it all stopped, the skies opened up and everything melted away.  I kinda wish it had stuck around because I do love snow, but oh well, maybe next time.

January 16, 2016

Spent the rest of the day distressing some furniture and stripping down and re-staining our new dining table.

January 16, 2016

If you're wanting to remove paint or varnish to refinish something, this stuff works wonders, really. 

We have a pretty big table so it did take a while to get it done, and we did it two times to make sure that we got everything out.

January 16, 2016

It wasn't a quick process with all the applying of the stuff, letting it sit for an hour and then stripping and re-applying, waiting again and doing the same.  But we did manage to get it all stripped and re-stained.  All that is left is for hubby and I to put on the polyurethane and it will be done.  That is coming tomorrow!!!

January 16, 2016

In the meantime we painted the side tables in my green living room, and then used sand paper to distress the edges and corners.
 
The table above, we added a layer of antiquing paint which gave it a different finish.  After putting it in the living room, we decided that it didn't look quite right, so we kept them just as the one below and put the table above in my daughter's room.  It looks much better in there.

January 16, 2016

In the coming weeks, I will be painting my big DVD shelves in white and then distressing them as well, my plan is to have all the wood furniture in that room looking the same.  Can't wait to see it done, and I'll be sure to share the process with you all.

I did inhale quite a few painting fumes and it's produced the biggest headache ever, so I've taken some motrin and am calling it an early night since the family has already left to return home.

It was a nice day, lots of laughs, lots of work but overall productive.

Tomorrow, I have housework to tackle and the usual cooking, and speaking of cooking I have some recipes I need to upload here to the blog, so I'll try to get to those tomorrow.

Hope you've all had a wonderful Saturday.  I'm signing off for the night and hopefully getting a good night's rest very shortly. :)

3 comments:

Liz said...

I love the distressed tables! I'm dying to do some of that myself. My kitchen table needs some love, but I don't really know how well that table would work out. I can't wait to see what else you do!!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the finished livingroom.

Amy at love made my home said...

A good days work with your furniture painting and stripping! We had snow here today too, I wouldn't have thought that you in Texas and we here in England would both be having snow on the same day! xx