Thursday, November 12, 2015

Question about Food blog and recipes!


Friends, I have a question for you regarding my recipes and my food blog.

Essentially, I began my food blog as a way for me to keep recipes on file, to see what we were eating and to have a place to go back and revisit what we ate.  Obviously, I like sharing too and it's a great way to share those meals that we have loved with others.

Thing is, when I started my food blog in 2006, there weren't many around, but as the years have gone by, there have been more and more, seems that everyone has one, and it's a competition to see who can produce the best recipes, and the more giveaways, and get the ultimate pinterest pins etc.

I don't like that, I'm not interested in that kind of atmosphere and because I've never fallen into that like so many others, I have lost readers, and not just readers, but I really don't ever get a single comment on any recipe, if I do, it's very rarely.

So, this is what I was thinking of doing, and hence why I'm coming in to ask what you guys think. 

I will keep my Full Bellies blog up, but will disable all comments.  I will still post recipes on there, but will be posting them on this blog too, mainly posting here first and then a copy on the food blog.  I just feel that the recipes reach a far bigger audience here and a lot of times it seems that many of you miss out on what is being posted because you mainly read my main blog.

I don't want to overcrowd this blog, I certainly don't want to make it messy, but it's not like I share recipes every day either, so it wouldn't be a very big change in the posting habits here either.

I know that the final decision is mine, but I really would love your input, your thoughts, please?

13 comments:

Stacy Lopez said...

I would combine the blogs. I often forget to pop over to the food blog. :)

Stacy Lopez said...

I would combine the blogs. I often forget to pop over to the food blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra,

Definitely combine them. I am a long term reader of this blog and I would love to read your recipes :)

Katie x

Cher said...

Combining blogs might be good, although if you post a recipe on your main blog, I do know where to go find it. Love all your recipes.

Simply Quaint said...

I agree combine blogs it will be easier for you and as well as we tend to draw to this blog I apologize but admit I forget about your food blog...:(
Love your recipes thank you for sharing.....

~Rhonda~

Sew Very Me said...

I also vote for combining the blogs. I love both blogs and more often than not forget about this blog :(, love your food blog (when I remember to check in) and have tried a few of your recipes with great success.

Rachel said...

I would also vote for combining. Many times I see that you have posted a recipe, then I forget to go over to your food blog.

GranthamLynn said...

Sweety I had actually lost you and found you the other day when Denise posted on Monday. I was planning on joining you on Monday and didn't get to.
I was wondering do you have the option to check your stats? In blogger I can tell how many page visits I receive. I'm like you I don't get a lot of comments but I can tell by the visits which posts get more hits. I don't know if this might help.
I do like the idea of putting the posts here.
I'll be around more often now that I've found you again.
Have a great Friday.

Amy at love made my home said...

I asked my readers recently about me having a separate book review blog, because my book reviews don't get many comments etc etc. The general response was to stick with one blog and just post everything there and then people can read it or not. Of course, as you said, we all have to do what is right for us, but I wonder if your thoughts are right, post everything to this blog and then copy the recipes over to the other one where you can refer to them yourself or refer back to that blog when you do your meal plans and so on over here. Does that make sense? I hope so. Anyway, just a suggestion based on what my readers told me. I have stuck with one blog! xx

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry that things have become so competitive. You just do what you're comfortable with! I don't think it will be messy to add your recipes here to this blog. You know that my family and I love your recipes. Full Bellies, Happy Kids is always the first blog I go to when I'm searching for a recipe! Whatever is easiest for you.

TheFishie said...

You're both in my RSS reader but I read this one first if I'm short on time. Combining would definitely make things easier as everything would be in one place.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I think this is a fabulous solution!! I often forget to check the other blog, and when I finally do I have so many to catch up on. I think combining them would be perfect! I love your recipes and have made many of them in the past - so would love that you keep sharing them! If you did a "cooking thursday" again or something like that - I would still link up too. ;)

Blessings on your weekend Sandra - and I LOVE your new header!! xoxo

Terri said...

you do what's the best for you. I don't comment a lot but I do use your food blog frequently! I find so many great recipes from you!