Friday, February 21, 2014

Week Round Up!

Hello my dear friends, how are you?

It feels like forever and a day since I last updated my blog with a good ol fashioned homey post, you know the ones where I tell you what I've been doing, what I've been seeing and I give you a bunch of photos to look through.

You all know how busy my life has been, but just for one more week, because guess what???  Both my husband and brother have started working, AND, my brother and sister in law just got a house today to move into, so they'll be doing that on the 1st of March.

It's such an exciting time for all of us, not just because it's yet another chapter that is opening for them, and the final step to really starting their lives here in the States, but also because both families will finally have their own space.  As much as we love each other and the time we spend together, everyone also misses the family time spent with the spouses and children.  So it's a good thing...a good exciting thing.

Here in 4 months, my little family will also be moving again, and we're hoping and praying that it will be the last time.  Fingers crossed that we can buy a house and not have to rent and move again in another year.

Anyway, now that the news is out of the way, let me show you what I've been doing this past week.

Monday

_MG_1920

A big pan of fresh hot cinnamon rolls for breakfast.

_MG_1961

The start of crocheted face scrubbies, love these :)

Tuesday

_MG_1966

Continued with my face scrubbies...

_MG_1971

Very quick to make, love that they don't take much cotton yarn and they look adorable in a mason jar in the bathroom.

Wednesday

_MG_1968

Loads of ironing to do

_MG_1969

Schooling with the kiddos.

_MG_1928

Lots and lots of rain

_MG_1934

_MG_1991

A taste of home....Koeksisters.


Thursday

_MG_1938

Scrummy appetizer while we wait for dinner. Chourico, a glass of wine and good chats with the family

Friday

_MG_1958

The newest member of the family. We got my brother and his family a Dachshund Puppy. He is adorable.

_MG_2089

The start of another blanket, this time a Happy Flower Blanket using a different color combination. I am loving it so far :)

And that is what has been going on here lately. Lots of homey stuff, lots of busy stuff, and lots of yearning for some me time and bloggy time. I can't tell you how excited I am to start posting daily again from next weekend.

Now, I have to run and get dinner started before everyone gets home from work. I'm running a little behind today but I wanted so badly to come in and say a big hello and let you all know that I'm still here, and I'm still fine.

Until next time, have yourselves a blessed weekend!

6 comments:

Mari said...

Lots of good news from you! Glad to hear news of jobs and a house for your brother and family. I love your rain picture - what a capture!

Wendi said...

Good news all around! I know how much you want a home to call your own for a long, long time. Praying that it all works out!

Caroline said...

Good news all around.

Those scrubbies are a great idea. I'm going to have to have to try this myself.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Congrats on all of the great news!!! I hope the next good news we'll be hearing is that you found the perfect house to buy.

Your crocheting is lovely as always, and the food all looks delicious!

Have a wonderful weekend ~ FlowerLady

Conny said...

Yeh!! Lots of good and happy and comforting things going on for you all. Hope your hubby and brother LOVE their new jobs - and thankful for the new house for them too!!!
:)
My hubby was offered the position he applied for on Friday!!! There's lots of paperwork yet and figuring out the time frame for his transfer - but it is HIS job now. Thank the Lord!!! :) He provides in His time.

Lulu said...

awesome news..So happy your brother found a home, thats so exciting for them...love the puppy soooo much..hope there are more pics coming of jax..
have a great saturday..