Thursday, October 31, 2013

Slow Cooking Thursday - Lemon Chicken


cookingthursday

This is SO late going up today, my apologies.  I honestly meant to have it posted in the morning and then got caught up with life and kids and errands and only realized now that I still hadn't gotten the post up.  Goodness.

Anyway, here is today's recipe....this is another on my list to try and it comes courtesy of Mandy's Recipe Box.



Ingredients
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast or 12 chicken tenders
1/4 C. flour
1/4 C. butter
1 packet Italian Dressing mix , dry
1/2 C. fresh lemon juice or 1/4 C. concentrated lemon juice
1/2 C. chicken broth or 1/2 C. water plus 1 chicken bouillon cube
Directions
  • If using chicken breasts, cut into thirds lengthwise; coat chicken in flour.
  • Heat 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet; cook half of the chicken on each side 3 minutes to brown. Don't cook through as they will cook in the slow cooker.
  • Remove chicken and place in the slow cooker; cook other half of the chicken in the remaining 2 Tbsp. butter.
  • Place chicken in slow cooker.
  • Sprinkle chicken with Italian Dressing mix, lemon juice and chicken broth. 
  • Cover with lid and cook on low 3-4 hours.
  • Serve over rice with juices.

4 comments:

Mari said...

This looks really good - one for me to try out!
I tried to link a recipe but it doesn't seem to be working.

Anna said...

oh yum! I miss my slow cooker chicken meals. This looks really yummy!

Dawn Marie said...

That looks delicious! I may have to try that one.

Susanne said...

I have been making a similar recipe for years and we just love it. Haven't made it in awhile. Thanks for the reminder