Sunday, October 06, 2013

Fallish Weekend!!!

So, Friday afternoon, we took a trip to the Shoshone Falls.

Ever since my husband has started work, he's been working weekends and most of the week, getting a day off here and there, so we can't never really make any concrete plans.

The beauty of being back home in Idaho, is that we can just jump in the car and take a quick day trip somewhere.

It was just beautiful being at the Falls, but I can't wait to get back in the Spring when they look even better.

_MG_9055

_MG_9105

_MG_9030

_MG_9053

We had a quick bite to eat in Twin Falls and then headed back home.

I think these are my favorite kind of outings, not far from home but so much fun :)

Saturday we did absolutely nothing, the hubster had to work so I took the day to get all my laundry done, housework caught up on and watched a few shows that I've been trying desperately to catch up on for a while now.

Today, he had to work the morning shift, so after he got home, we made a quick trip to base.  My intention was to head to the BX and see if I could find some winter coats because it's getting pretty chilly and we have nothing for cold weather.

One thing about living in Arizona for 7 years, is that we never used nor needed winter clothes, and now I'm suffering LOL

I always do enjoy returning to base and driving the streets that I used to drive every day of my life.  It's quite surreal walking around in the same places that I did when I was either pregnant with my children, or pushing them around a stroller.  Great memories :)

After returning home, I was quite chilled, so I cranked on the stove in my bedroom and sat down with my knitting.

_MG_9226

I'm finishing off my second boot cuff and then I'll have my pair all complete and ready to use, I can't wait :)

_MG_9232

I have also been in one of my reading moods so I'm going through books real fast.  I just finished A Wreath of Snow by Liz Curtis Higgs and so enjoyed it, what a sweet story.

Now I'm starting When Love Comes My Way by Lori Copeland.

_MG_9211

One thing I've also been enjoying, is Fall.  Everything looks so beautiful, the trees are all changing color and it makes for quite a stunning palette.

_MG_9213

What joy it brings me.

As I'm sure you've noticed, I'm still struggling a bit with getting back into a routine.  It's starting to drive me quite insane and I can't begin to explain how much I miss it.

I think first thing on the agenda is to get back to a set dinner time, which has completely gone out the window.  One day we eat at 6pm, the next it's 8pm, then the next we eat lunch and forego dinner for sandwiches etc. 

I can't anymore, just.can't.

So wish me luck as I try extremely hard to get back on track.  I think it will be easier starting tomorrow, because guess what?  My brother has a job and starts tomorrow morning. 

Very excited for him and thankful to God for another blessing.

Alrighty, I better skedaddle on out of here and go spend some time with my hubby.  The moments we get alone are very few and far between lately, between his work hours, and his college classes when he's not at work, family time is non existent.....but....it's a sacrifice that we are all willing to make for the moment :)

Have a wonderful night, I'll be back in the morning with our Happy Homemaker Monday.


7 comments:

Mari said...

I never heard of those falls but they are beautiful! Hope your brothers first day on the job goes well!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a great day trip with family. Those falls are pretty as is the surrounding area.

Your life will settle down after awhile, just hang in there.

Glad to hear that your brother got a job, that's great news.

Happy fall and enjoying doing all the things you like to do.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Debby said...

congrats to your brother on his job!! It is hard to have a regular dinner time when you don't know who will be around at what time. I remember those days back when our DD's were in high school always involved in something

Judy said...

Yay for your brother on the new job! I'm glad you're enjoying the fall weather :) I love wearing sweaters and turtleneck shirts, but with the "hot flashes" I get now they are few and far between ;0
I sooooo need to pull out my knitting needles.

Jen said...

Such a blessing to hear that your brother found a job! Yay!

I know what you mean with the routines! With Hubby working 2nd shift and Andrew in school this year our routines flew right out the window!

Our large meal is at noon before hubby goes to work. It's not the same because Andrew is not here. :-( But he is doing so well in school.

Sherri B. said...

It is so good to see that all things are starting to fall into place for you and your family...God is so good, indeed.

Have a wonderful day! xo

Susanne said...

Those falls are beautiful! I love day trips. So much fun, I get to get away and I still get to sleep in my own bed.