Sunday, September 29, 2013

Week in Review

*sigh*

That's all I can do at this point.

I have had a tough week, a busy tough week.

My grandmother passed away on Saturday morning and since then, even though we are not in South Africa, there has been a lot going on with the family.  One of the biggest things, is my brothers and I trying to decide what to do with our mother and what the best option is for her.

See, my mother has lived with my grandmother for the past 20 or more years, and now she is completely alone, so obviously we have to step in and make some very tough decisions, which are never easy.

Who takes her, where does she go, what is best for her considering her epilepsy and other health problems, the high cost of all her medication etc.

I have been praying for God to show us the right way.  I am just very thankful that I have my brother and my sister in law with me now, it wouldn't have been easy getting through this without them.

Aside from that, we have Tae Kwon Do 3 times a week for 3 of the kids, plus dancing 4 times a week for my niece, plus job interviews and all sorts of appointments for my brother and sister in law.

It's been just absolutely crazy, and I am not quite sure when this train will stop at the station, because it seems to just keep going and going.

Anyway, with everything that has been happening, my poor blog has been neglected, once again.  Shameful!!!

I have been taking pictures almost daily, trying to at least capture a little of what we've been busy with and I just want so much to go back to my normal carefree blogging, I miss those days tremendously.

So, here's a quick look at my week in review.  Sure hope you had a good one :)

Blessings,
Sandra

Meridian in the Fall

Curtains blowing in the breeze

Beautiful sunset after the rain

Tree in the front yard

Front yard

Rain puddle

Chilly day

Mending

Book stack

6 comments:

Lulu said...

sorry about your granny and hope things get better for your mom, soon..
Does your sis-in-law like to crochet/knit?
hope the stresses eases soon, Sandra..
hugs,

Wendi said...

Sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you as you make tough decisions and settle into new routines.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Sandra ~ I am sorry for the loss of your grandmother and pray that all things work out for good for your Mom.

It sounds hectic there at your place and I hope jobs are found and all needs met.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Susan said...

Sandra, I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I lost my father in July and we are still dealing with how to best care for my mother. Yes, there are many tough decisions, but with prayer, they will all become easier and clearer. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. May God bless all of you and grant you peace.

Anabela said...

I am so sorry Sandra. Your gran was a special person, a true gem... On August 30th, while in hospital and as sick as she was, she asked your mom to phone Sara to wish her a happy birthday, as she was worried she'd miss it. In spite of what she was going through, her thoughts were always for other people. I can't think of her, without welling up. She is in a good and happy place, reaping the benefits of all she endured, and the love she spread while on earth. You are lucky to have been part of her brood. Lots of love, B

Renee said...

I'm so sorry for your loss of your grandmother. Am keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Love the pictures - especially the ones of fall! It's still hot, hot, hot where I am so I am having a bit of trouble getting into the fall spirit but hopefully it will cool down soon. Take care!