Monday, July 01, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday - 07/01/2013


Good morning from beautiful Idaho :)

Well here I am, typing up the first Happy Homemaker Monday from home, well, from Idaho, not exactly in the house yet.  As I type this up, my husband and kiddos are on the way to the new house to do a walk through and I'm at the motel with the pugs, paying bills and making last minute phone calls etc.

I can't wait to get into the house and get my stuff set up for delivery.  Anyway, let's get on with our HHM for today :)

BTW, I'm trying to get internet service set up at the new house so I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back online, I'm hoping it's just for a day or two but if you don't hear from me, it's because I still have no internet access.

Happy Homemaker Monday

The weather.....Well, we brought triple digits with us LOL  I can't get away from them no matter where I go, one thing I'll say though is that even though it's triple digits here it's still not as hot as Arizona.  Arizona is just on a whole different level of heat.



Right now I am....Sitting at the motel room with two pugs who are whining at the door because daddy just left. 

Thinking....That I can't wait to get into the house and not have to worry about motel rooms and living off crappy junk food.  I'm so ready to start cooking. 

On my reading pile....Nothing at the moment.

On my TV.....Absolutely nothing...though here shortly I'm going to go online and try to catch up on some shows from last week while I pack up our belongings and wait for hubby to return with keys to house. 

What I found while surfing the net....Nothing, haven't had a chance to sit and surf anything :)

On the menu for this week....I actually did make a menu for this week and then the movers packed it up with everything else, so I'm going to have to make it again.  Have to make a grocery run later. 

On my to do list....Move into the new house
Make a menu and grocery list
Set up phone and internet service
Arrange for our belongings to be delivered

In the craft basket....Nothing.  I miss my crochet so much.  I did bring one of the bags with me so later today I'll dig through the box it's in and pull it out, I'm thinking some crochet on the deck is in order.

Looking forward to this week....Setting up my house and starting a new life :)

Looking around the house....More like, looking around them motel room.  Luggage, clothes, kid's pillows and other personal stuff.  Oh and two pugs who have stopped whining and are now snoring on the floor. 

From the camera....
Last night's sunset taken from the motel room


On my prayer list.....Familes of the 19 firefighters who passed away fighting a fire in Prescott, Arizona yesterday.

Bible verse, Devotional....
He answered: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"
Luke 10:27

12 comments:

Sherri B. said...

I'm so excited for you..almost there now!!

Beautiful sunset and I had thought about you and this heatwave we are having here in the Northwest and how you thought you'd get away from it..hahaha. Stay cool my friend. xo

Dani Honeycutt said...

YAY Sandra!!! Sheesh I miss my Idaho home so so bad! Although I love it here in Tennessee (I grew up here), Ive been all over the USA and I fell in LOVE with Idaho! Where bouts in Idaho are you settling?? I was in Fruitland Idaho (on the border of Ontario Oregon).

Lulu said...

hope you can move in to your new home soon and get on with the rest of your life..
glad your pugs are doing well..
have a lovely day Sandra..

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I am so relieved that you are there and pretty soon hubby will be back with the keys. Yippee!!!

Enjoy settling in and setting up, cooking, crafting and decorating.

I've also prayed for those left behind with the loss of these 19 firefighters.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Lisa said...

Thanks for taking the time out of this hectic time to host! Good luck with the new house.

~Carla~ said...

I hate living out of boxes as well... hope you have lots of time this week to get "back to normal" and start back with all the "good stuff"! :) Hugs!

Judy said...

Sandra, I'm so glad you guys made it to Idaho safely, I can only imagine how anxious you must be to get settled in.

Felicia said...

Glad y'all made it safe! While I NEVER want to move again I remember how fun that just moved in feeling and the thought that it is all mine is.

With that said enjoy your week and your new home.

Felicia said...

Glad y'all made it safe! While I NEVER want to move again I remember how fun that just moved in feeling and the thought that it is all mine is.

With that said enjoy your week and your new home.

Debby said...

How exciting for you and your family!!!! When we left the west many years ago I just couldn't get enough of all the green tree's, grass, blue sky's, ahh

Vickie said...

Welcome to Mountain Home, Idaho. We have a mutual friend...Jen Brandes. I live here in town...OK in the country. We are a homeschooling family as well. Larger than typical type of family as well.

Maybe we can meet up sometime.

Look for me on FB....Vickie Butterfield

MindyG said...

Yay!! God Bless you and your family on this new journey :)
Mindy