Thursday, September 06, 2012

Cooking Thursday - Lasagna Roll Ups


So here we are at another Thursday and I can't wait to see what you all have to share :)

The recipe I'm sharing today is one I've been making for my family for many years, matter of fact first time I made it was back in Idaho and my Jasmine was about  2 or 3 years old.  It was the first meal that she scarfed down without putting up a big fight :)


Lasagna Roll Ups

Lasagna Roll Ups

12 lasagna noodles
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 egg
1/4 cup chopped parsley or 1 1/2 Tbsp dried parsley
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
8 ounces Italian sausage, casings removed
1 (28 oz) jar marinara sauce, divided

1) Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles and rinse with cold water. Mix ricotta, egg, parsley and 1 cup mozzarella in a bowl; set aside.

2) Cook sausage in a skillet over medium heat until browned and crumbly; drain fat.

3) Spread 1/2 cup sauce in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Spread 3 tablespoons ricotta mixture on each noodle; top with some sausage. Roll up each noodle. Arrange seam sides down in baking dish.

Lasagna Roll Ups

4) Top roll-ups with remaining sauce and mozzarella. Bake, loosely covered, for 15 minutes. Remove cover; bake for 10 minutes longer or until brown and bubbly.


NOTE:  I like making different combinations.  The great thing about this recipe is that it's so versatile, in that whatever lasagna you may make you can easily adapt it to the roll ups.  I've made chicken lasagna rolls, spinach, cheese, vegetarian etc.  Possibilities are endless :)

3 comments:

Wendi said...

Yum! I am going to add this to next months menu.

Unknown said...

Good Morning Everyone!
I am sharing my Chicken Cacciatore w/ Homemade Pasta and Red Russian Kale. It is quick, easy and can be modified for any of your dietary needs!

As always, thanks for hosting!

Mari said...

What a fun twist on lasagne! Looks yummy!