Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 21

And we're heading into day 21, but honestly, it feels like day 221.  I miss my husband so very much and I just can't wait for him to come back home.  But, we're hanging in there, we're keeping busy, we're living life and plodding through.
I've been enjoying taking pictures every day, it actually helps me from falling into a rut, from laying around feeling sad or lonely, because it makes me grab the camera and make sure to document our day. :)


:::: another crochet project finished
Day 21


:::: I think this was my second crochet project after I taught myself to crochet. I look back on it now and there are quite a few mistakes, but I needed to finish it and I'm glad I did because I love it :)
Day 21


:::: doing dishes
Day 21


:::: time to run errands
Day 21


:::: putting a few of these into the refrigerator for when the craving arises. Tippy Top Peanut Butter Pies in Jars
Day 21


:::: very windy today, I went outside to water the veggie garden and heard a commotion, this little one was trying to learn how to fly and all the other birds were cheering him on :)
Day 21


:::: learning how to draw dragons
Day 21


:::: talking to daddy on skype
Day 21


:::: new Mollie Makes in the mail, I can't wait to get into it
Day 21


:::: slice of Tiramisu as an after dinner treat
Day 21


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just loving your blog and all your gorgeous photos! I'm so glad I've found you and I hope the days will pass quickly while your husband is away.... Keep up the good work you are doing in the house and with your kids at this time :)

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I love the colors in your crocheted piece. I think it is wonderful that you taught yourself to crochet.

That peanut butter pie in a jar looks so delicious. Do you have the recipe on your other blog?

Your photos are all lovely and show your love of home and family.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

Elizabeth said...

Sandra, I know I don't comment often, but I am a big fan of your blog and I just want you to know how much I enjoy your photos and writing about your family life!! It seems that you are a 'kindred spirit' as Miss Anne Shirley would say :) Thanks for all the work you put into your corner of cyberspace.

By the way, is that Jasmine's beautiful hand and fingernails in the 'skyping to dad' photo?? So elegant :)

Stay cool and hydrated!

Susanne said...

I am now craving tiramisu, thank you very much. Yummy!

I'm sure your hubby very much appreciates all these wonderful pictures you post of what his family is up to. It's a wonderful idea, Sandra.

Stacia said...

Ok, so after finding your dessert on your food blog I have now decided I need mason jars. Off to the store I go! :)

Sweet Tea said...

You had a full, productive day. I did much of the same, but the house needs tidying up now. I'm gonna leave that til tomorrow. . .Drawing dragons sounds fun!