Monday, April 02, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #12

And I'm baaaaaccckkkkk. :)

Well the hiatus did me good, I managed to get the rest that I needed and to put things back in order, and now I'm back and ready to continue this journey called life.

I did so miss my blog even though I wasn't gone for long.  Let's get right back to our Happy Homemaker Monday shall we?

Happy Homemaker Monday
If you want to save and use the new button, just click here.


The weather:::
Had wonderful weather this weekend, go up to the 90's so we enjoyed some nice walks, barbecuing and I got my first tan of the year. 




On my reading pile:::  
Plain Promise by Beth Wiseman

Lemons and Lavender


On my TV:::
Titanic 2012 Episode 2

Wind at my back Season 1


On the menu for this week:::



Monday -  Grilled Caesar Rib Eye Steaks with Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Tuesday - Tamale Pie
Wednesday - Bacalhau a Gomes de Sa (Portuguese Cod Fish)
Thursday -  Honey Mustard Chicken w/ potato wedges
Friday -  Reunion Steak Sandwiches
Saturday - BBQ Ribs, Baked Beans, Corn on the Cob
Sunday -   Easter (Hot Cross Buns for breakfast.....Ham, Potatoes)


On my to do list:::
Finish Laundry
Bathrooms
Change Bed Linens
Homeschooling
Dibels test with Nicholas




What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Absolutely nothing right now.  Lots of little projects stashed in the baskets but working on none in particular.




In Homeschooling:::
Dibels test with Nicholas this afternoon.  In Home Life we're concentrating on the skies, Astronomy, Star gazing etc.  For Science Jasmine is working on Pollution.  Nicholas will be also be doing a Science Unit Test.  



Looking around the house:::
Just fixed hubby his coffee.  I'm really tired this morning so after he leaves for work, I think I'll go lay down for another hour or so.  I don't know if it's allergies or what, but my nose is congested, my head hurts and I just feel like I'm coming down with something.



From the camera:::
Enjoying the Grill  






Something fun to share:::
Have you heard about the Titanic short series that is playing on ITV in England right now?  It is created by Julian Fellowes, the same man who created Downton Abbey.  It is very good, I'm enjoying it, if you want to watch it too, you can find the episodes over here.  


On my prayer list:::
My sister in law who is going through a bit of a rough time right now.
My friends who have husbands deployed or who are getting ready to say goodbye to their husbands shortly.
My husband as he continues his studies, he is finishing off his degree.
My children, that they continue to be healthy, happy, and that they also continue to be wonderful students.
For myself, I ask for patience, I ask for health, I ask that I am not strayed from my relationship with the Lord and that I have the strength to continue pushing through even when things seem crazy.


Bible verse, Devotional::: 

He will not grow faint or be discouraged till he has established justice in the earth; and the coastlands wait for his law.
Isaiah 42:4

14 comments:

Nene said...

We had some beautiful weather here over the weekend in Texas also. Now, it's breezy and overcast. Inspiring to come here to see what you are up to. Thank you for sharing. Happy Monday to you friend. Hope you rest up and feel better. Much Love!! Nene

Anonymous said...

I am happy you are back. Have a great Monday

Kristy Jensen said...

Welcome back Sandra! We missed you!

Andrea said...

You weren't gone long but you were missed. Its good to have you back. Everyone needs a vacation once in a while.

Liz said...

I'm so glad you're back!

The weather has been amazing in Kansas as well. We've been spending a lot of time outside, enjoying it.
I can't wait to watch that Titanic show. I need to do that now actually.

Conny said...

welcome back!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how you have been missed! Hope you're feeling better and know you were in many folks thoughts and prayers. God Bless and Welcome Back.

Susanne said...

Welcome back!

I've been enjoying that Titanic series too.

Hubby cleaned the grill this last weekend so we're ready to roll. The weather's been warm but sooo windy so we haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Anonymous said...

Yay! So glad you are back, Sandra! I am a lowly lurker :),
but I missed your posts a lot! Glad you got a good rest.

Julie said...

Welcome Back. We all I need a break sometimes- I took a longer one than you several weeks ago! Happy Spring!

Kar said...

Little breaks are needed at times. Hope you enjoyed yours.

Unknown said...

So glad you are back Sandra! You are an inspiration - thanks to you I have started a blog to record my family's trials and tribulations!! It is only in it's infancy but I have linked it to your page for the first time today ....... thank you for giving me the courage!! With love from Emily @ The Country Mumkin

Your favorite sister said...

Glad you had a nice break! Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Hope you had a restful break and took good care of yourself. I missed your inspirational posts.
Laura B.