Thursday, December 01, 2011

{ Slow Cooking Thursday }


December 1st, my word where has the year flown?

Just 24 more days and it's Christmas, I can't even believe that we're this close and I have yet to buy one single present LOL  But I AM going to start this morning so hopefully I'll be done soon.

Anyway, here's today's Slow Cooking Thursday.  I haven't tried this one yet but it looks really good.


Image credit: lovingthebike


Chicken and Bean Chili
Credit:  Simple.com

2 tsp vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups diced onions
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 cup diced sweet green pepper
1 cup diced carrots
2 tsp minced garlic
12 oz diced boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 tbsp cornstarch or flour
2 cups tomato pasta sauce
1 cup drained rinsed chickpeas
1 cup chicken stock
2 tsp dried basil
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley for garnish

DIRECTIONS
Heat oil over medium heat in a skillet and lightly brown vegetables. Toss the chicken with flour or cornstarch and add to crock pot. Add vegetables to crockpot and stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hour or high for 4-5 hours. Serve sprinkled with parsley.

3 comments:

Life At The Castle said...

I think it looks good too, but my family (except me) would say to take out the beans. LOL!

Mari said...

I love the new header!
This looks so yummy!

Susie Buetow said...

LOVE the header. I do not being in the like snow but I love looking at it in photos.

I stop in about once a week. Today I made myself and home and am following you via gfc and linked up in your slow cooking thursday. I don't think I read that the recipe had to be in a slow cooker so Im sorry if it is and I posted a cheeseball recipe. lol

Have a wonderful weekend, susie