Monday, October 31, 2011

{ Happy Homemaker Monday }



The weather in my neck of the woods:
57 degrees right now, feels so good outside.


Things that make me happy:  
A slow easy morning, no rushing


Book I'm reading:
The Secret Life of Josephine:  Napoleon's Bird of Paradise by Carolly Erickson - LOVE historical fiction :)


What's on my TV today:  
Ghost Hunters Live
 

On the menu for dinner:
Spaghetti and Foccacia


On my To Do List:

Homeschooling
Trick or Treating


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Just made some Canned Spaghetti Sauce this weekend, you can find the recipe on the post below.


In the craft basket:
Ripple blanket is growing steadily, it's becoming a beast to carry around by I'm loving it so much.



Looking forward to this week:
Hubby has the day off today, so we're enjoying having him home.  Later it's giving out candy and trick or treating with the kids :)


Tips and Tricks:
Buy produce in bulk if you get the chance, there's many ways to make use of it before it goes bad.  Just think that in 6 months time if you feel like some zucchini and there's none in season, you can just grab a bag out of the freezer and enjoy it :)


My favorite blog post this week:
No blog reading


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
When I first started blogging back in 2006, this blog was one of the first I read and then I lost track of it and just this weekend was able to find it again.  It doesn't get many comments but I LOVE it anyway, matter of fact some of the BEST blogs out there hardly have comments or many readers.  :)   Go on over and visit Farmgirl Fare, you won't regret it :)


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):



Lesson learned the past few days:

Can't think of one actually, there's usually so many going on at the same time for me, I'm constantly learning :)


On my mind:
Homeschooling, Christmas


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
John 15:13

1 comment:

Saleena said...

Thanks for sharing such and interesting blog! It has a very warm feel and of course I can relate. I too am a "Happy Homemaker"

Stop by my blogs when you get a moment.
http://love-homeschooling.blogspot.com/

also: http://marriagelounge.blogspot.com

Thanks!