Monday, October 03, 2011

{ Happy Homemaker Monday }



The weather in my neck of the woods:
Starting to get over the high temps, still hitting 3 digits but supposed to get some rain this week :)


Things that make me happy:
Taking care of my home


Book I'm reading:
Wishes and Stitches by Rachael Herron


What's on my TV today:
Warehouse 13


On the menu for dinner:
Brown Sugar BBQ Sandwiches and Homemade Potato Salad


On my To Do List:

Homeschooling
Change bed linens
Laundry, and more laundry


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Peanut Butter and Nutella Popcorn


Peanut Butter Nutella Popcorn

In the craft basket:
More pincushions
Blooming Pillow
Fabric Bookmarks


Looking forward to this week:
Starting Electives with the kids....Jasmine is doing Middle French and Home Life, Nicholas is doing Robotics and Home Life :)


Tips and Tricks:
Been fighting a battle with ants lately.  Vinegar seems to be the best thing for it, I usually mop my wood floors with vinegar anyway, but I put straight vinegar with no water where the ants were coming in through and they've completely disappeared.


My favorite blog post this week:
This post from Chickens in the Road :)


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Not a new blog but I love this lady and this blog so much, she has a garden to die for.  Go on over and say hi to my friend Flowerlady's Musings.


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

Yarn Along Sept 28, 2011



Lesson learned the past few days:

Something which I need to be reminded of many times.  That the truth of God's love is not that He allows bad things to happen, it's His promise that He will be standing there right beside you when they do.


On my mind:
Homemade Gifts
Homeschooling


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God -- children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.
John 1:12-13

No comments: