Monday, August 29, 2011

{ Happy Homemaker Monday }




The weather in my neck of the woods:
Disgusting, gross, unnecessary....should I go on?  LOL   I'm so over this heat wave, it truly makes me miss Idaho.


Things that make me happy:
Baking


Book I'm reading:
The Star Garden by Nancy E. Turner, still very much enjoying this book.


What's on my TV today:
Eureka


On the menu for dinner:
Rice with chicken, peas and chourico


On my To Do List:

Ironing
Few more loads of laundry

Homeschooling



New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Nothing new but made some Artisan bread that I'll be posting the recipe to on the food blog, shortly. 

2011_08280021


In the craft basket:
Amigurumi animals
Patchwork Placemats
Blooming Pillow


Looking forward to this week:
Hubby being on leave starting Thursday


Tips and Tricks:

If you have cast iron pans, or a wood stove that has collected "gunk" from being used over and over, remove the crusting with a paste made of cream of tartar and vinegar, it will make cleaning a breeze!!


My favorite blog post this week:
A Rose is Not a Rose


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Amish Stories



No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):


2011_08230006




Lesson learned the past few days:

That I AM doing the best I can with my children's homeschooling.  That I should have more confidence in what I do and realize that even in those days that I may not feel I'm doing enough, the results I'm getting clearly reflect the opposite :)


On my mind:
Crafting, Crocheting and Cooking


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
Psalm 119:105

No comments: