Monday, April 04, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday - #12 - 2011

HHM



The weather in my neck of the woods:
We've already hit 100 degrees this weekend, looks like we're well on our way to a scorching hot summer.


Things that make me happy:
Watching old family TV series, like Anne of Green Gables, Road to Avonlea, Dr Quinn, Little House on the Prairie


Book I'm reading:

The Bridge of Peace by Cindy Woodsmall - this book is so good, I'm totally captivated by the story


What's on my TV today:

Being Human on Syfy
Five Mile Creek Season 1
Homestead Blessings  The Art of Quilting
The Borgias Episode 1


On the menu for dinner:
Mrs Palmers Fried Chicken, Salad with homemade dressing


On my To Do List:

Iron and put away Laundry
Wash the floors
Homeschooling


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Not new recipes to me, but, Homemade Salsa and Root Beer Freeze.

Homemade Salsa



In the craft basket:
Mini Hexagon pillow
Crochet Flower Pictures


Looking forward to this week:
Nothing special happening, just looking forward to a good week of homeschooling :)


Tips and Tricks:
Have you heard of My Job Chart online???  It's a nifty little online tool to assign chores and rewards to your children, as they finish their chores, they log on and mark it done and receive points which count towards rewards.  You can even assign custom rewards designed specifically for your family.  




My favorite blog post this week:
Cherokee Prayer over at Chiot's Run


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Tickleberry Farm


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):


2011_04030033




Lesson learned the past few days:

That I am where I am supposed to be, that I love the woman I am today and that I'm blessed beyond all riches with the love of my family.


On my mind:
Homeschooling - we have AIMS testing coming up soon.
Family


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.
John 16:24

No comments: