Saturday, April 30, 2011

Dear Clothes Designers


 I know you don't know me from a bar of soap and I'm sure you don't give a hoot what little ol' me has to say, but after just returning from Walmart and failing miserably at finding a pair of comfortable shorts to wear, I found it imperative to bring to your attention a few little things.

Far be it from me to tell you how to do your job but I'm just hoping you can explain the intricacies of your shorts designing.  I'm just very curious.

See, I'm about to turn 37 years old and all I want is a comfortable pair of shorts for the summer.  It's hot here in Arizona, I mean really really hot, like scorching hot where you need shorts unless you want your pants to melt onto your skin.  So you may see my problem, or maybe you don't, but don't worry I'm getting to it.

I went to Walmart with my family today and while we were there I thought "well I am losing weight, I haven't bought myself clothes in a long time and I could really use some cute shorts to wear around the house and to go to the store or on vacation with the family this summer".  So I innocently proceeded to your ladies clothing department and much to my chagrin I found rack after rack with the cutest shorts......that I couldn't wear.

Don't get me wrong where you fail is not the actual fabric or pattern, but I feel I need to ask you.  Was there a shortage of said fabric when you were producing these shorts?

It may just be me, I don't know, but when did shorts become hot pants?  Do we no longer make shorts that go to at least halfway down the legs???  At least, I'm saying, see I'm not even telling you to make them capri's or bermudas, I'm just asking for an extra inch....or two....or in this case 6 or 7.

Listen, I don't know about you, but the last time I wore hot pants was............well...........actually now that I think about it, I've never WORN hot pants and I don't think that a 36 year old should take up that habit now, maybe embroidery or bird photography or something along those lines....but hot pants and showing off my butt cheeks in public???  NO THANKS!!!!

My husband of course would absolutely love that idea and I'm starting to think that you make these with the men in mind.  

So I implore you, please, if fabric shortage is the problem, I have tons here at home, feel free to look through my stash and use whatever you need.  Just please make some SHORTS for us modest ladies who don't want to look like a 2 dollar hooker.  It's really not much to ask.

Sincerely,
A thirty something who would rather keep her butt covered

No comments: