Monday, November 08, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday - November 8

HHM



The weather in my neck of the woods:
54 degrees, clear sky but it feels a little nippy


Things that make me happy:
Weekends with my family


Book I'm reading:
O Pioneers by Willa Cather


What's on my TV today:
Episode 7 of Downton Abbey
The Haunted
Psychic Kids
Dr Quinn Medicine Woman


On the menu for dinner:
One Skillet Pasta


On my To Do List:

Dusting
Sweeping
Bathrooms


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Tried a cheesecake for a review, didn't much care for it, but I'll have the recipe on my blog later this morning.

In the craft basket:

Granny Stripe Crochet Blanket.
Jasmine and her friends left me a list of Amigurumi crochet animals they want me to make for them


Looking forward to this week:
Just for a good uneventful week at school and work, that's all.


Tips and Tricks:
Nothing today



My favorite blog post this week:
Haven't done my blog reading yet, will do it this morning and will come back and add a post.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
English Muse - Just found it this past weekend, purely by accident and am loving it already.


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):



Lesson learned the past few days:

Not really a lesson learned but more like a reminder that I don't really get a break.  I don't have weekends off from my duties as a mother and wife and sometimes it can get pretty frustrating and overwhelming, I just have to remind myself that it's OK to not like it at times, that it's OK to be upset and to vent and complain, but it's NOT ok to let it overcome me.  I complain, I vent and then I move on and get going.


On my mind:
My children, my husband, my family and all my bloggy friends.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.
James 3:18

No comments: