Monday, November 01, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday - November 1

HHM



The weather in my neck of the woods:
54 degrees outside, clear sky but it sure feels good to be able to throw on a hoodie.


Things that make me happy:
History, believe it or not, I'm a huge history fan and love learning about what went on hundreds of years ago


Book I'm reading:
O Pioneers by Willa Cather


What's on my TV today:
Episode 6 of Downton Abbey
Merlin Season 3 new episode
Ghost Hunters Live from my DVR
The Haunted
Paranormal State


On the menu for dinner:
Herb & Cheese Stuffed Burgers w/ Tater Tots


On my To Do List:

Ironing laundry

Sweep and Mop Floors
Change bed linens


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Have a few to try this week, will have them up on the food blog as I make them.

In the craft basket:

Granny Stripe Crochet Blanket.


Looking forward to this week:
My children getting over this stomach bug and being able to return to school healthy


Tips and Tricks:
Nothing today



My favorite blog post this week:
Make a fall collage over at Acorn Pies.  It just reminded me of what we used to do in Idaho and can't do here.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Just found this blog last week and I'm enjoying going back and reading the posts.  Creekside Cottage


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs394.ash2/67289_463491968394_611298394_5536795_4754644_n.jpg


Lesson learned the past few days:

To trust my instincts and to NOT ever doubt them.  With that said, I think we are one step closer to homeschooling, I just can't ignore this feeling inside me telling me to do it and I'm worried that I may not listen to it and then one day regret it.


On my mind:
My children


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
1 John 4:1

No comments: