Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday - October 18

HHM



The weather in my neck of the woods:
Woke up this morning to dark skies and the sky covered in dark clouds.  Within 10 minutes they were all gone and we're back to sunny skies....blech.


Things that make me happy:
Flavored coffee, I know it sounds lame but really, I love it.


Book I'm reading:
Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harries
Don't Kiss Him Goodbye by Sandra Byrd (Review)
America's Prophet by Bruce Feiler (Review)


What's on my TV today:
Episode 3 of Downton Abbey



On the menu for dinner:
Beef Stew, homemade bread


On my To Do List:

Finish off the Laundry
Bathrooms


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Soft Pretzels

In the craft basket:

Granny Stripe Crochet Blanket, I've been making some progress on that one, will have to take a picture to show you all


Looking forward to this week:
Parent/Teacher Conferences


Tips and Tricks:
Establish a command center. Designate one location (usually the kitchen) for daily mail, calendar, bulletin board, car keys, school papers, grocery lists, etc. Every family member should have a shelf for messages and an out box or folder to deal with clutter on the spot.


My favorite blog post this week:
Didn't do blog reading last week, had no time.  Hoping to go around today and see what I've missed.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Slicelicious - My friend Jacki who I went to school with in South Africa, has just started a blog.  She moved to the States about 4 years ago :)  She is amazing with cakes, you should see some of the stuff she makes, I only wish I wasn't so scared of fondant LOL


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):
2010_10170007

Lesson learned the past few days:

That my life is not perfect.  I often get emails asking me if I really am as happy as I come across, and yes for the most part I truly am, I feel that I've been blessed immensely.  But I also have my bad days, I also have times when I break down, when I feel run down or taken for granted, unappreciated.  It's part of life.  What I've learned is that I'm not as strong as I think I am and that everyone needs to vent and everyone needs a good cry once in a while, it doesn't make you weak, it makes you NORMAL.


On my mind:
Halloween


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
Proverbs 18:21


No comments: