Sunday, October 17, 2010

Enjoying Autumn!


It's so hard to act like it's autumn when everything around me points to Summer.

The heat, the green trees, the heat.....the heat and the heat.  HA!

Oh I've missed blogging, I feel like I'm on this constant rollercoaster going full speed with twists and turns and no way to get out, no matter how much I try.  I need to slow down, no really, I HAVE to slow down because I can feel myself running out of steam.

So I decided to just stop, ignore the extra things I throw into my life and just stick to the basics which really are just enough to keep me and my family content.

Like this picture below, do you know that I could happily live in that place?  Of course my husband thinks I'm crazy LOL   See, simple!

2009_06230068

We're simple folk, we don't like elaborate things, we're pretty content just being us which on a given day could be anything from just hanging out doing our own things, being alone in our thoughts, or, doing something together like decorating the outside for the season.

You may think that's ridiculous, but really it's not, it's a way of spending time together, of having some good belly laughs, of catching up on our lives and what is going on, our thoughts and wants etc.

Our house is bursting with the anticipation of Halloween, there's costumes and decorations and graveyards outside and pumpkins inside and the scents of Fall wafting through the house.  It's pure joy for me, I am content.

So let's see, I have a few giveaways coming up on the blog, lots of goodies to giveaway so be sure to keep an eye out.  I have book reviews and cooking reviews and I'm super excited for one I'm doing next weekend, but I won't say much more on this, just know that I have some cute things to giveaway which would make great Christmas gifts.

But back to Halloween, I love this time of the year and I've been totally indulging in all the scary shows and movies on TV.  What about you, do you like a good scary movie?  And am I the only one who thinks that they just don't make scary movies like they used to?

Here's a list of spooky shows and movies you can catch on your TV's this month.


All Month Long

  • ABC Family - 13 Nights of Halloween
  • AMC - Fearfest
  • Disney Channel - October Takeover
  • Hallmark - Countdown to Halloween
  • Syfy - 31 Days of Halloween

October 19

  • NBC Parenthood - "Orange Alert"

October 25

  • NBC Chuck - "Chuck vs. The Aisle of Terror"

October 26

  • FOX Glee - "Rocky Horror Glee Show"
  • FOX Raising Hope - "Happy Halloween"/"Family Secrets" (one-hour episode)
 
October 27


  • ABC The Middle - "Halloween Time"
  • ABC Better With You - "Better with Halloween"
  • ABC Modern Family - "Halloween"
  • ABC Cougar Town - "You Don't Know How it Feels"

October 28

  • ABC It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
  • NBC Community - "Epidemiology"
  • NBC The Office - "Costume Contest"
  • NBC Outsourced - "Bolloween"
  • NBC Scared Shrekless

October 31

  • ABC America's Funniest Home Videos - "Episode 2105"
  • ABC Extreme Makeover: Home Edition - "Oregon School for the Deaf"
  • ABC Desperate Housewives - "Excited and Scared"
  • AMC The Walking Dead - "Dead Man's Identity"
 
November 7

  • FOX The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXI"
  • FOX The Cleveland Show - "It's the Great Pancake, Cleveland Brown"
  • FOX Family Guy - "Halloween on Spooner Street"
  • FOX American Dad! - "Best Little Horror House in Langley Falls"

And with that I'm out, I have housework to catch up on and then I'm going to sit down with a big bowl of popcorn, close the curtains, make the house nice and dark and watch some scary stuff.

No comments: