Monday, October 19, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday!

hhm



The weather in my neck of the woods:
Feels great today, we're finally going to go down to the 80's and I know most of you in the colder states are laughing right now, but 80 degrees in Arizona is winter LOL


One of my simple pleasures:
Watching the portuguese TV channel on my laptop. I love being able to connect with my culture and hear the language and see the food and the music that I love.


On my bedside table:
Night World by L. J. Smith - The same author of the Vampire Diaries. Love this series, just picked up the 3 books at Walmart yesterday.
Thirst by Tracey Bateman - Another vampire novel that I'm reading for a review on the blog.


On my TV:
Little House on the Prairie Season 7


On the menu for tonight:
Roasted Lemon Chicken....portuguese dish, I'll have the recipe on the food blog tonight.


On my To Do List:
Mop and sweep
Change bed linens
Laundry
More Halloween Decorating


New Recipe I tried last week:
Garden Soup, it's this wonderful portuguese soup chock full of veggies. My kids love it and it's pretty much the only soup they will eat for leftovers the next day.


In the craft basket:
I've pulled out my crochet yarn again and I've got some wonderful projects lined up. Some little puppets for the kids for Christmas, some Wrist Warmers for me and Jasmine.


Looking forward to:
Halloween where my husband is actually home and able to go with us. It's been years since he's been able to enjoy Trick or Treating, but such is the life of the military.


Homemaking Tip for this week:
Do a little bit each day, don't leave all the cleaning for the weekend or it will be completely overwhelming.


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Loved this post at Maya Made "Wedding Gift".


Favorite photo from last week:

Pumpkin Farm on Saturday. Love watching my kids smile and laugh and I get double doses of those when we take them out to do something they enjoy.

2009_10170027


Lesson learned the past few days:
That it's ok to ask for help. I usually hate asking anyone for anything, even my husband. I tend to think that my job is to take care of the house and put food on the table and even if I'm sick and not feeling up to it, it's still my job and I shouldn't ask anyone to help. WRONG!
There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking for a little helping hand, it doesn't make me any less of a wife or mother.


On my Prayer List:
All my friends and family
Troops overseas
Friend of mine going through Breast Cancer


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
With his mouth the godless destroys his neighbor, but through knowledge the righteous escape.
Proverbs 11:9



8 comments:

Jodi said...

I don't like to ask for help either.

Sarah said...

Love the picture - I am right there with you about the house and home and asking for help. I feel that is my role, but sometimes it is overwhelming. I have to be careful when my dh DOES help that I don't criticize the way he does it!

Kelli said...

Hi, Sandra,

Enjoyed your meme today and thought I would copy it and use it! And I don't do well asking for help either! LOL

Jen said...

I'm adding the Garden soup to our monthly menu for November. Hope all is well. Glad to see you are feeling better.

Anna Jo said...

Sandra,

I love the picture. I don't ask for help unless I'm reallllly sick. No, you seem like a great wife and mother. :)

Bonnie said...

Roasted Lemon Chicken ... mmmm ... I'll be watching out for that one !!

Susanne said...

I think I'm learning a bit of that lesson this week too.

Kathleen said...

Hi-
I have a question about "Vampire Diaries". I loved the Twilight books. I just bought Vampire Diaries. My teenage niece saw it and said she wants to borrow it. Is it a lot racier than the twilight books?
Always love your homemaker mondays.
Kathleen