Thursday, July 23, 2009

Slow Cooking Thursday!

slowcooking

Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.

Here's what's in my slow cooker today, it smells divine.


http://hostedmedia.reimanpub.com/TOH/Images/Photos/37/exps8564_SCZ960351D143.jpg
Credit: Taste of Home

Green Chili Stew

Ingredients:

  • 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 2 medium onions, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
  • 1 cup water
  • 3 beef bouillon cubes
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • Shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, optional

Directions:

In a large skillet, brown beef and onions in oil; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
Combine the beans, tomatoes, chilies, water, bouillon, garlic, sugar, salt if desired and pepper; pour over beef. cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until beef is tender. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.


5 comments:

Alea Milham said...

What a wonderful combination of tastes and textures. Looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I have chili too. Thanks for hosting!

Mari said...

First of all - excuse my poor typing skills in my link. I had to put it in twice!
Blessings on you for putting this up early - I have a hard time getting on to link while at work. Your chili looks wonderful!

Jen said...

I can not wait to try this recipe!!! We love chili here and I try to keep it interesting.

On your Little House post yesterday...I love the show...as you know. I love to watch the episodes because it reminds me to slow down and enjoy the everyday blessings in life that might be hidden by the bad stuff. Next month our museum is having a Laura Ingalls Wilder day and I'm hoping to take a lot of pictures and post them on my blog, so everyone can go along with us. There is also going to be a visit from one of the stars of the show. Last year it was "Nellie" Allison Arngrim.

Have a wonderful day!!

Susanne said...

Oh, my word, Sandra. This sounds so good!