Monday, December 08, 2008

Stunning Sky!

I just had to come and share these with you, I have seen some amazing sky photos here in Arizona, I mean the kind that leave you speechless, but tonight's sky is just beyond anything I've ever seen.

I have NOT touched these photos in any way, this is exactly what the sky looked like. All I did was turn my flash off on my camera and capture the light as it is. Absolutely stunning!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As it got darker

Photobucket

The moon behind the pink/purple clouds

Photobucket

Is that not a gorgeous sky?

Anyway, I just wanted to share those with you, AND, share a recipe too, well actually it's two recipes.

Tonight's dinner was another Portuguese favorite, this really good chicken and super yummy potatoes. Go on over to the food blog for the recipes.

Portuguese Skillet Chicken

Portuguese Roasted Potatoes


Photobucket

19 comments:

Jennifer said...

Those pictures are so BEAUTIFUL they look fake!!!

AMAZING

Our neck of the woods said...

Hi Sandra,
I will have to add the chicken to next week menu it is too good to pass up. I am planning on making Mexican Hot Chocolate for my kids and maybe some churros.
I know your Portuguese but do you make this too? If so I would love to know how you do it!

Mari said...

Those are gorgeous! I wonder what makes the sky in Arizona is so pretty?

Tina said...

Those pictures are stunning! I'm so jealous that you get to see those kinds of sunsets in December. We don't even see the sun here in December...lol

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Wow Sandra, you weren't kiddin'...those were beautiful skies! How blessed you were to see it and capture it on film!

Tammy

Susanne said...

Those are stunning, Sandra.

Christina said...

That sky is awesome. We have some awesome sunsets here, but not with that amazing purple. Once we did have one where the fire from the volcano reflected off the water and we could see it on our island. Do you think I had a camera with me? Of course not.

PS I tagged you if you want to play along.

Linds said...

Absolutely STUNNING photos, Sandra. They remind me of African sunrises and sunsets!

Anonymous said...

Awesome sunset!!

Cheri said...

Wow- that is just so beautiful!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Sandra those are beyond gorgeous. I don't think there is a word that truly describes how awe inspiring those that sky is!

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful, Sandra!

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

Truly magnificent, Sandra! Thanks for sharing :)

Jen said...

I can't wait to see Arizona. We will be driving across country in about a year and a half for my Husband's graduation from college. Breath taking!!

Kirstin said...

That is beautiful. I love the sunrise and sunsets. I'm sitting here on vacation in a quiet house seeing the sun peeking up and thinking that tomorrow morning, I'm going to find a spot at this resort to take a picture.

Melanie said...

What beautiful shades of purple!

Mrs.B said...

Amazing

Love the one's as they get darker.

Thanks for sharing,

In HIS Keeping
Mrs.B

Renee said...

How beautiful!!

Ginny said...

Very pretty. We had a very pretty sunset in Michigan about a week ago. I snapped some pictures. We don't get them as nice here, I was so excited to see it, lol.