Friday, October 03, 2008

I want it all...I want it all....and I want it NOW

So I go to the mail box this morning and I find my new Cath Kidston Catalogue. I literally did a WHOOP outside much to my neighbors enjoyment, I guess it's not everyday that he sees a woman whooping at the mail box. LOL

Just look at this stuff, I am in love with Cath Kidston, I've been oggling her website for ever and a day and literally drooling on the keyboard at the beauties she has.

<span class=

I was just talking purses with Mari earlier, and look at these ones.....*drool*

<span class=

I could have TOTALLY used the passport holders and the claps purses when I traveled to South Africa....or the luggage tags OR the travel purses. Really I could have deck out in all Cath Kidston for my trip.

<span class=

I need these pj's like I need the autumn weather from Idaho, which if you know me, you KNOW how badly I need it LOL

<span class=

So I'm just going to continue drooling over these and maybe just possibly, if finances allow, indulge myself in a tiny teeny little purchase. *sigh*

<span class=

While I look through my catalogue I'm going to enjoy a slice of heaven, my Portuguese Cookie Cake is just perfect for this friday afternoon. I really should wait until the kids come home from school before diving into it, but.....I can't come up with an excuse other than I really really really really want a bite.

Oh before I forget, let me show you the sunset we had last night, it was absolutely gorgeous.

<span class=

<span class=

As it got darker........

<span class=

<span class=

I've started taking the kids outside to play in the backyard, every night. We got out for about an hour before bath time and the craziness of the night routines, I've found that not only do they love being outside when the sun is setting and able to play with the beautiful pink and orange sky above them, but they love seeing the day get darker, listening to the night sounds etc.

By the time we come inside, they've worn out the last bits of pent up energy and they're ready to calm down and go to bed. It works perfectly and all I really have to do is go out there, sit on the chair with my camera in hand and enjoy the cool night and my children's laughs. I mean....who knew something so simple could be so enjoyable?

So instead of going straight from dinner to video games or TV or whatever, do something different tonight, go outside with your children and enjoy the sunset, talk about the stars coming out, gaze at the moon and listen to the night sounds. You'll love it.

I can't tell you how glad I am that it's Friday, I'm ready to see my husband for longer than an hour before work each morning. The kids miss him and want some time with daddy too, so this weekend couldn't have come sooner for us.

So what else is going on here...hmmm....let me see.....right now I have the Best Chili Ever in my crock pot and it's making me drool all over my keyboard. I'm not kidding, the scents emanating from that kitchen shouldn't be legal, they could easily drive a woman to eat, eat large amounts of food. Tsk Tsk Tsk

Being that it's the start of the weekend, the kids are allowed to stay up late, so they'll be playing their computer games and the Wii etc....and I'll be watching my newest favorite series from Netflix. McLeod's Daughters.....I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying these.

When elderly Jack McLeod dies, leaving his his heavily mortgaged family farm of Drover's Run, to his daughters, Tess returns home to the place where she had left more than 20 years before. Jack was first married to Prudence and they had a daughter Claire and a son Adam. Tragically both Prue and Adam die during childbirth, leaving Jack alone to raise Claire. A few years later he meets and marries a city girl, Ruth Silverman, and they have a daughter, Tess. Growing up, the two girls had been very close but were separated when Ruth took 5-year-old Tess back to the city.

Tess, who recently lost her mother to breast cancer, returns to Drover's in the hopes of cashing out and opening a cafe in the city, but is disappointed to be met with a less-than-rosy financial picture and the open resentment of her older sister. After Claire fires the male workforce, the sisters, with the help of housekeeper Meg Fountain, her daughter Jodi, and local girl Becky, decide to run the property themselves.

Definitely a must-see. I watched the first disc in one night and couldn't wait to get the next ones in the mail.

So that's what is going on here, now I'm going to go visit the rest of the blogs on my favorites list, let me tell you there's some great posts out today....here's two that I think you would enjoy:

♥♥Nancy did an excellent post called "Turn the Channel"...you HAVE to read this.

♥♥Linds did a great post on the blogging world entitled "Thank You"


Ok now I'm really out, I'm craving cake and Cath Kidston and my children and curt and coffee and cooking and crafting....wow....just a bunch of C's in my day.

8 comments:

Linds said...

Oh I LOVE that catalogue!!!! I need the pjs and the gown now! Not to mention oodles of other stuff...

I think your idea to go outside with your children is wonderful, Sandra - and thanks for mentioning my post by the way!

Have a wonderful weekend with your family. I am off to see how to make that cake of yours!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, Sandra, I really do LOVE your blog. I find myself at the computer sometimes 3 times a day checking to see if you've had a minute to update us on your life. I don't mind admitting that I aspire to be the mother and wife you are! Well done!

Mari said...

That looks like some fun shopping. You can have a piece of that cake and thumb through the catalog! The sky pictures are beautiful again!

Jill said...

I've made several pots of your Best Chili Ever...and it truly is the best! I'm with you on getting the kids outside in the evening. We're gone all day and I love wrapping up the evening with them running around and enjoying the fresh air. Makes for some grea sleep...for the kiddos and for mommy, too!

Susanne said...

That cake looks and sounds wonderful! I'm definitely going to give this a try. I'm making apple pie cake right now and the smell is making my mouth water for sure.

Beautiful sunset pictures. I'd love to be outside in that too!

Steve and Eden said...

Gorgeous sunset pics! I miss the days when I was a kid and we'd play outside after dinner until time to take our baths before bedtime. It's a wonderful time. I'm looking forward to a time when we have a nice yard and are able to enjoy the sunset and the evening sounds.

I'll totally have to check out Mcleod's Daughters.

Hugs,
Eden

heidi @ ggip said...

That catalogue does have beautiful things in it. That is so funny that you provided amusement for your neighbor! lol!

Thanks for the links, I will check them out.

Cheri said...

I love the idea of going outside right before bedtime now that it's cooler out.
That was another beautiful sunset.