Saturday, April 05, 2008

Five Senses Saturday!

It's been a LONG time since I've done the Five Senses Saturday but I truly am drawing a blank on what to post this morning, so here we go..............as always this is what happened this past week.

If you want to join in, just let me know in my comments so I can come and check it out :)




::Hear::




- One Republic "Stop and Stare"
- Birds outside
- Kids yelling excitedly while playing the wii
- Curt's voice at the end of a long day
-My coffee machine starting a fresh pot of hot delicious coffee



::See::

- The doctor for my muscle sprain
- A puddle of leaking anti-freeze under my SUV
- The tickets to Africa arriving in the mail
- Another lemon falling off the tree
- The excitement in the kids faces when we bought the Wii



::touch::



- My sore neck muscles
- Hot coffee mug as I take a sip
- The netflix envelopes bringing my "Road to Avonlea" Series
- The wrapper of my Nestle Caramel Treasures
- The pages of my new Taste of Home Cookbook



::taste::



- Chicken in Cream Sauce....YUM
- Chocolate Cobbler
- Garlic and Beer Shrimp
>
- Cold mug of beer
- Portuguese Bread Rolls




::smell::


- Garlic and Onions frying in the skillet
- Yummy aroma coming from the Food Court at the BX
- Lavender Shampoo on my hair
- Tiger Balm rubbed on my shoulder and neck *yuck*
- Lemon Blossoms from the tree

10 comments:

Jen said...

This was a nice change. I love your 5 senses Saturday. Your coffee reminded me that me and Scott are looking a coffee pot with a grinder on it....I cannot wait..I'll let you know if we buy it.

jennwa said...

Your chicken in cream sauce looks great. You always have the best recipes.

I love the lemon picture too.

Michelle said...

lovely ;=) how nice to read your 5 senses post again.
I'm putting the chicken in cream sauce and also the gingered beef on my meal plan for next week !! We already have the ingredients..Have a great*rest of* weekend.Thanks for your prayers..

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

We too just got Wii as a gift.... oh soooo fun:)

And how very neat to have a lemon tree:)

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Sandra,
I do hope you are feeling much better today and that your neck pain is slowly going away and getting better. I enjoyed your 5 Senses Saturday. I may have to participate in it sometime. Since my DH is home on the weekend, I don't usually do any posting while he is at home. I want to be with him as much as possible. But there could come a Saturday when they have to go to Canada and I may post then. If I do, I will let you know. Your Peppered Steak looks so yummy. I've never heard of Korean Pancakes before, but I will have to check them out on your cooking blog and see how they are made. They do look yummy. I have somethings for you on my post for today. I hope you will stop by when you have time and pick them up. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Anonymous said...

Yey! you got your tickets...are you counting down the seconds and hours til you travel??

Sorry you're still sore, I'll keep praying!

Hugs and love.

xxx

Jill said...

loved this. I was just thinking last night while cooking dinner how good it smells when you fry onions.

heidi @ ggip said...

Oh, what a fun thing to do on your blog. Interesting glimpses into your week.

Anonymous said...

Awww Sandra,

your posts are always so refreshing and appetizing to read...lol!! As I sip my morning cup of coffee I enjoy myself here every time I come visit you. Sorry, I have been "MIA" for a while. I hope you don't forget me...lol!

Love your friend,
Jeannene

Karon said...

Hi, Sandra!

Hope you're well :) I wanted to let you know I'm giving away a free copy of "Grab a Broom, Lord -- There's Dust Everywhere! The Imperfect Woman's Guide to God's Grace," second in my "woman's guide" series, if you'd like to let your friends know. Details are on my newest blog: Receiving Grace, Reflecting God here. Give-away ends Sunday, April 13!

Thanks always, enjoy your day :-)
Hugs, Karon