Thursday, February 21, 2008

Slow Cooking Thursday!




All my slow cooking recipes are now online and starting today, I will add all the recipes shared weekly to my online del.icio.us site too. So if you're wanting to find ALL the slow cooked recipes that have been shared since the first SLOW COOKING THURSDAY, here is the link for you.

Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.



CHINESE STYLE BBQ PORK
Credit: Gooseberry Patch Slow Cooker Recipes

2-lb. boneless pork roast
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. hoisin sauce
3 T. ketchup
3 T. honey
2 t. garlic, minced
2 t. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 t. dark sesame oil
1/2 t. Chinese 5-spice powder
1/2 c. chicken broth

Place roast in a large plastic zipping bag and set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients except broth; pour over roast. Seal bag; refrigerate at least 2 hours, turning occasionally. Place roast in a slow cooker; pour marinade from bag over roast.

Cover and cook on LOW setting for 8 hours. Remove pork from slow cooker; keep warm. Add broth to liquid in slow cooker; cover and cook on low setting for 30 minutes, or until thickened. Shred pork with 2 forks and stir into sauce in slow cooker.

Serves 6.

18 comments:

Cheri said...

Am I missing Mr. Linky- I don't see it?

Sandra said...

Sorry Cheri, for some reason it wasn't showing up, but it's ok now :)

Amber M. said...

That BBQ Pork looks divine! My recipe is also from Gooseberry Patch. It has been one of my best investments!

Stephanie ODea said...

oh sandra, this looks divine! I've never cooled with Chinese 5-spice powder. I'm going to keep my eyes open for it.
xo
steph

Anonymous said...

This looks good. Thanks for sharing!


MJ

Renee said...

This looks great! I can't wait to try it out. Thanks for hosting this!

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

Karen H. said...

Good Afternoon Sandra,
I was here very early this morning and you hadn't posted your recipe yet. I went back to sleep after worrying myself nearly sick over my DH getting home today. I still haven't heard anything from him since 5:25a.m. I'm not sure they are going to be able to make it home today or not. They say the roads are really bad in Missouri. This recipe sounds very yummy. I've never tried the hoisin sauce or the Chinese 5-spice. I have never seen them in stores around here. I've had my SCT recipe up for a while now. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Michelle said...

that looks so tasty Sandra :) thanks for hosting..

smilnsigh said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm... That looks yummmy!

You know how I'm always saying how beautiful your daughter's red hair is... :-) Today I took pics of my granddaughter's red hair. I invite you over to take a peek. :-)

She doesn't have curls. But she has some wave. And in warm/humid weather, it waves more. I LOVE to comb it and 'fix' it. She let me, this morning. ,-)

Mari-Nanci

Mike Golch said...

Hi Sandra,the BBQ pork looks devine.I see you like to rotate the way your site looks.Have fun as always,your blogging friend Mike

Bonnie said...

One of these days soon, I'll be gettin' a new crock pot and then ... look out ... I'll be a crock potting mad woman tryin' out all of your yummy recipes !!!

Michelle said...

that sounds tasty!

Mississippi Songbird said...

Mmmm. These sound so good.. Thanks for posting.. Have a great day..

Anonymous said...

woohoo, so glad I found another blog with recipes...YUMMOOOOO

My Trendy Tykes said...

That looks really good!

Linda

Mari said...

Wow - look at all your participants today! Your recipe looks really good - we love Chinese food. Thanks for doing this again!

Anonymous said...

What a great recipe for Chinese New Year!

I hope you and your family get over the flu. I know how you felt. I'm just getting over it myself.

Anonymous said...

I can't see Mr. Linky! I'm so proud of myself for remembering to add my slow cooker recipe, so I'll check back later. I have my recipe on my blog. Your recipe for today looks delicious!