Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Creative Blogger Award and other random stuff!!!

Just had to share this picture first, I LOVE it, it's one of my faves of my little ones :)

Have you ever had those weeks where you feel like no matter how hard you try, you're always behind on everything???

I'm going through one of those, I had an email from my sister Hayley this morning and she mentioned how sometimes it feels like I've forgotten about them.....it really struck me that I would ever let them believe that, it surely isn't on purpose and she knows how much I love them all and wish I could be near, but time does seem to just fly away from me.

I start the day with the best of intentions on getting everything done and by the time nighttime rolls around I climb into bed and realize that I have yet another bunch of things that will be rolled onto the next day.....probably with the same fate, never to be done. So I do apologize to all those I stay in touch with through email, especially my family, I don't EVER want them to think I forgot about them, God knows I love them to death......Sis, I love you and I'm sorry, I promise to try harder!!!

I've been getting bloggy awards for a few weeks and I truly appreciate them, it feels good to know that at least one person out there likes my blog or appreciates my recipes and what I do. I've always maintained that this blog was to stay in touch with family but I've made such wonderful friends along the way and if I touch at least one person's lives in some way, then it's worth it.

Annie, the wonderful dear Annie that we all know, and if you don't know her, you have NO idea what you're missing......gave me with the Creative Blogger Award. Thank you Annie, you know I love you!!!!

I'm supposed to award it to others, so let's see:


For those who bring unique and creative elements to their blogs. For those who incorporate art, music, creative writing, photo's, and other beautiful visual effects into their website. For those who put a unique spin on things and come up with new ideas. This award is for the artsy, the funky, the inventor, and even the rebel. This award is for those creative individuals who stand out from the crowd.

Here's my list of creative bloggers:


Barb. She's always saying she's not Martha, but I tend to disagree LOL She not only posts tons of wonderful photos on her blog but she shares recipes and always amazes us with her creativity, especially around Christmas....she's like our own beloved Elf working tirelessly to make gifts for family and friends.

Mari-nanci. I love visiting her blog and looking at all the beautiful photos she posts, she always seems to find the perfect one to represent whatever she's talking about that day. She has become one of those bloggy friends that you just love to catch up with, what an awesome lady :)

Kelli. Another one of my faves, if it's not a new mouth watering recipe that kelli is sharing, then it's pictures from her wonderful house, decorating, cooking, even a pioneer weekend, yes she went all out and lived without tv and modern day stuff, even posting pictures as she went along....loved it.

Jill. The first time I stumbled across Jill's blog, I stayed the rest of the day just reading her past entries and laughing until my sides hurt. Another creative wiz here, contests, photos, recipes you name it, you'll find it and she does it all while making you laugh your butt off.

Gail. Gail is another of my faves, she has a way with words that I just love. She shares photos, book reviews and did I say photos??? She talks about books, movies, cooking, family and crafting....love it.

Sherry. Sherry is a wonderful lady, another one that I visit every day. She's a homeschooling mom and always shares great reviews for homeschooling materials, recipes, ways to save money etc....she's so creative, I love it.

So there you go, I'm sure I could have come up with a ton more, but I guess these will do for now.

I have to run to the commissary this morning, did I tell you they have a Sushi Bar right in the entrance??? I mean a SUSHI BAR in the commissary......I'm amazed LOL

I'm leaving you with a quick look at my day....God Bless,


WHAT I'M COOKING:

For dinner I'm fixing Garlic and Beer Shrimp, a salad and some homemade waffle cut fries.



WHAT I'M WATCHING:

Montel Williams
General Hospital
Ghost Hunters



WHAT I'M DOING:

Post office
Commissary
Laundry
Pay bills
Sweep and Mop

12 comments:

Mari said...

What a cute picture of your kids! I'll be checking out your friends blogs too!

Anonymous said...

Me Sherry? Did you mean me? OMG! You like me! You really LIKE me!
Thank you so much :) (And if you didn't mean me, well, um, I still like you anyway. lol)

I absolutely LOVE that picture! Something about little kids in black and white. So amazing. Your little girl looks just like you!

Sherry

Kelli said...

Thank you so much for giving me this award, Sandra! You said so many nice things, can you see my blushing way over here in Texas? ;0)
I am so glad we have become friends though this blogging adventure!
Hugs,
Kelli

Lulu said...

aww, what a beautiful picture of the kids...

Michelle said...

congrats on the award you definitely deserve it!

gail@more than a song said...

I love the picture of your kids, so cute! And I think your daughter looks like you too.
Aww, thanks for the award Sandra!

Anonymous said...

There needs to be 100 hours in a day and 10 days in a week if you ask me, I never get caught up either! Lol.

Congratulations on your award you deserve it. I got one too :)

Love n' hugs
Sarah

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Just found your blog and have so enjoyed reading your posts. I too am a Christian SAHM, mother to 3 wonderful boys and an Air Force wife! Adorable picture!

Have a blessed day.

Susanne said...

I totally get what you mean about being behind! Hence a whole bunch of comments from me all at once! ;v)

smilnsigh said...

Oh Sherry thank you. How sweet of you.

And I apologize for taking so long to come by to read this.

Hugs, Mari-Nanci

Barb said...

You know what Sandra? I'll bet you anything your sister is just missing you. Because she's got to know you just went through a horrendous cross-country move and have been really busy. So don't beat yourself up and don't worry about your friends out here either. We all have been there and we understand.

And I thank you so much for that award. You're one of the best homemakers and one of the most creative people out here so to receive it from you is very special. I thank you for that.

Be kind to yourself. You'll get yourself all caught up again before you know it. It takes a while to feel "grounded" again after a move like the one you just made.

Jill said...

Sandra- Congrats on the award. Did you mean Jill as in me? I didn't want to make any assumptions. I am just so happy we connected via blogging. I so admire your big move and how quickly you got your new house in order. The photo of your kids is adorable, too.