Monday, April 09, 2007

Good Morning everyone!!!


I can finally say that I'm back to normal. It's been a tough month for me, it's hard being sick and out of it when you have a family to take care of and little ones who don't understand why mommy is laying around instead of playing tag or jumping up and down, even getting up to get them a snack or lunch was just too much for me.

It's hard I tell you, all of you who are close to your parents and siblings or grandparents, your family that is right there ready to step in and help you when you need it, be thankful and appreciate every minute.....I don't have that, I have been doing it all for the past 8 years, it's not easy.

There's days that I want to crawl into bed and have someone else step in and take care of me, watch the kids etc. Yes my husband helps as much as he can, but he also has to work, it's not like he can stay home with me all day long.....but anyway, I'm finally past the worst, now I can get back to my normal routine, starting with giving this house a good cleaning.

I tried to keep cleaning but it's amazing how fast it all goes to chaos if you're not on top of it everyday. We're also starting to pack for our move so there's boxes and all that fun stuff.
I do like moving though, it gives you a chance to get rid of a ton of things LOL

I know by now a lot of you are wondering why I haven't been by to visit your blogs, I hope you don't think I've forgotten about them, I haven't, but you know that there's a lot going on with me right now so it hasn't been easy. I appreciate all the ladies that continue to visit and leave well wishes and sweet comments, it means the world to me. Thank you!!!

I have a busy week, we all have our yearly check ups and Jasmine has a dentist appointment on wednesday too. I know a lot of people who don't do it, but I've learnt to schedule all of them around the birthday month that way I always remember. Wish me lucky, it's my OB/GYN annual and I can not tell you how much I hate it. I would rather go to the dentist LOL

We also have Nicholas' birthday on wednesday, he will be turning 4 years old. I can't believe my little boy is getting so big and starting Kindergarten next year.....why does time just zip by so fast?
You think you have all the time in the world and before you know it they're out of diapers, playing computer games and telling you things like "I don't want to sleep in my bed alone, it makes me NERVOUS" LOL YEAH, makes him nervous???? LOL

Alright I have tons of things to do, I'm leaving you with my TO DO list for today, maybe it will inspire some of you, or maybe it will scare you into just doing nothing but sitting on the couch relaxing. Maybe I should buy a robot, don't they have those robots that look like real people???? I could get a girl one and name her Betty....let her help me around the house. Knowing my luck though there would be some sort of malfunction and before I knew it, she would be trying to take over my family LOL

TO DO LIST

Laundry
Iron
Sweep and Mop Kitchen
Change Bed Linens
Pay Bills
Clean bathrooms
Separate items for Yard Sale this weekend

Anyway, you all have a great monday....I want to send a huge hug and kiss to my family in South Africa....Miss you guys :)

God Bless,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know just how you feel!! My family is all far away, and I was so sick with the last pregnancy for several months. I tried to keep up with things too, but when all you can do are the basics, the house gets gross really fast. I'm finally getting it all back into shape though, and it is a great feeling!!! I am really glad you're feeling better now!!

Michelle said...

I know what you mean about how hard it is to be sick and not have family close by at all. It took a lot out of me a couple weeks ago when I was so sick with the flu, and then the lingering vertigo issues I was having. Ugh. Joe tried to help when he could coming home for lunch and managing to get out of work an hour earlier. He even came back home one morning to take Kayla to the bus stop for me; I just couldn't make it down the street! Glad you are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

May I offer empathy? My children are grown; but I lived near no family either. I raised 2; 1 1/2 years apart. I found you surfing the web. Glad you feel better.

Anonymous said...

ROFL my B (5 year old) announced that she didn't like her tea a while back because it made her nervous. She was most disgruntled when I laughed at her. "IT DOES" she said vehemently :) I love kids, who needs comedians?

Soooo glad you're feeling better my friend, HUGS. I'm a lot better I had another icky-sicky bug on top of another cold. Sigh, so now I'm taking echinacea and drinking tonic (not tonic water, a vitamin drink thing).

My cleaning is so out of control I asked my Mum to come around and burn the house down so that I didn't have to deal with it. But she refused *sigh* ;)

Hugs n' stuff xx

Anabela said...

Glad you're feeling better. I often think of you, all the way out there, far from the rest of the clan. I also now know what it feels like firsthand. My parents moved overseas a couple of months ago and I am still heartsore...

Kara said...

Glad you are feeling better :)