Thursday, March 22, 2007


Welcome to my weekly Crockpot Recipes Exchange. It's such a great way to share your avorite dishes or to learn some new ones to make for your family.

What do you think??? Do You have some great recipes to share, or perhaps you're looking for some delicious ones to give you a reason to pull out the ol' crockpot???
Time to pull out those crockpots and put them to good use. If you want to join in, just grab the banner and add your name to Mr Linky :)


Slow Cooked Barbecued Chicken Recipe



Ingredients

4 pounds split chicken breasts, boneless
1 sweet large onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1 1/2 cups ketchup* (or 1 - 10¾ can condensed tomato soup)
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 teaspoon ground red pepper flakes, optional
1/4 cup water (optional - use water if sauce appears too thick. Add towards the end of cooking)

Directions

Spray lining of slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
Layer 2/3 of onion slices and all slices of garlic in bottom.
Layer the split chicken breast and top with additional onion slices. Separate them if preferred.
In a small bowl combine the remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.
Lift the breasts to allow some of the sauce to escape to the bottom of the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
Slice and Serve

*Add more ketchup if you prefer a thicker sauce.

Container: 4 quart slow cooker
Servings: 6
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 6 or more hours


16 comments:

By the grace of God ... said...

Enjoy Thursdays and adding new recipes to my collection to try.
Yours BBQ Chicken looks like a winner. THanks for hosting!

My Trendy Tykes said...

Great recipe!!!

Linda

Anonymous said...

This sounds yummy, one to keep I think! :)

Unknown said...

I like this recipe and can see how it would work well with beef too.

Annie said...

This is going in my folder! Looks great, I can almost smell it through the pic ;)
Have a great day.
blessings~
Annie
My Life as Annie!

Michelle said...

this sounds great! I'm going to try this next time we're having a bbq dish!

Sorry I didn't get a chance to do a slow cooker recipe today!

justjuls said...

Sorry for linking twice - I meant to put the name of my recipe here - and thought it was just editing the first link - and now I don't know how to delete it! Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Better late than never! SOrry about that.. Thanks for hosting! Gonna check out the other recipes.

Unknown said...

Mmmmm....barbecue! Wow, that looks tasty.

Angela

Eden said...

Sandra, this looks absolutely
de-lish! I just got back from Steve's BMT graduation. I'm attempting to stop by and say hello to everyone before the weekend. I've missed reading about what's going on in everyones's lives.

Hugs,
Eden

Courtney said...

That's sounds SO YUMMY!!!
Sorry Sandra I laughed so hard at your last post. I can not believe you of all people blew up dinner. You are my cooking inspiration girl! Whats' wrong with you? LOL!!! J/K I love ya!

Anabela said...

Hi Sandra, greetings from South Africa. I have been lurking around your blog for ages and I get the giggles almost every morning with the goings-on of your household. I've also noticed how your spelling has changed and how you use certain American terms - stinkin' cute:) Then again, it has been almost nine years since you left our shores... Love and blessings to you and the tribe, Anabela
P. S. I'm clearly a novice at this, I think I posted it in the wrong place - apologies for duplicating.

Anonymous said...

Slow Cooker Junkie. Glad to have found the link to you blog over at Jewlsntexas. I see some yummy recipes here! Thanks.

Michelle said...

as always Sandra you're recipe is yummy looking..thanks.

justjuls said...

I am so glad to get to join in here - although I am overwhelmed by good recipes. I am living in Texas for my first summer - and I think that the crock pot might be a nice way for a hot meal that doesn't heat up the kitchen! :) yay!
I am so excited to try all the new stuff.
Thank you thank you for hosting this.
Also - I am having a contest at my blog - my first ever - would you help me put the word out about the Quirky Quote Qontest - I want to give away a template design to the winner!
Thanks a bunch!

MamaEscandon said...

I am aiming for ALL Crockpot meals this week. I came to the perfect place! This looks delish! What do you recommend serving it with?