Friday, December 29, 2006

Coming up to Breathe!!!!

It's been a week now since I've posted anything, that is the longest I've gone. I would give you all the reasons why but honestly, we would be here all day.

I guess life just got overwhelming and I had to prioritize, as much as I love blogging and keeping my family and friends up to date on what's going on with us, some things just take precedence.


Anyway, I'm glad to be able to pop in today and say hi.
First I want to ask you all to say a quick prayer for my MIL, she had surgery yesterday because of her Breast Cancer, so please keep her in your prayers.

We had a good Christmas but I have to tell you, I'm actually glad it's over and done with, it's funny how you anticipate it for so long and then within a few minutes it's all over....this weekend I'm taking the tree down and the decorations too.
Still trying to catch up with all the housecleaning, it hasn't been easy, Nicholas has a cold and I've been getting pretty close to NO sleep, and because he loves his mommy so much, he passed it to me yesterday so I'm feeling pretty cruddy.

I don't know ladies, but it seems I'm always down with a cold during the winter, my body must HATE this time of year.

I haven't been able to come visit anyone or comment on any blogs, I so apologize for it, I'm hoping that next week things will be back to normal. I miss my blogging time, it was such a wonderful way to get my feelings down and to chat with you all.

This time of year always gets me down though, I think being so far away from family is heart wrenching to say the least. I find myself missing them and missing places we were at together etc. That's the reason I posted that picture up above, it's from Estoril, one of my favorite cities in Portugal, I have so many wonderful memories of being at the beach with my brothers and my sister in law, what fun we had.

Anyway, I can't stay too long, Nicholas is not feeling well at all, and well, neither am I, think we're going to grab some lunch and then lay down for a bit.

Hope you're all having a wonderful day and have a great weekend. If I don't see you before, have a good New Year's Eve and please be careful out there. I always stay home that night, too many weirdos and drunk people for my taste :)

God bless,

14 comments:

gail@more than a song said...

Happy New Year to you! Hope you will be feeling better soon.

Eden said...

Happy New Year to you and your family!
Sandra, we'll be praying for you and little Nicholas to get better soon.
Keep your chin up and don't be sad.

Hugs

Susanne said...

Sandra, I'm sorry you're not feeling well again! Maybe some good advice from a health food store on what you can do to build up that immune system of yours!

I can't imagine what I would do without my family around especially at the holidays. My heart goes out to you, girl!

And I know what you mean about all the anticipation. My hubby says it's the most expensive fastest 10 minutes in the year! :v)

Happy New year to you and your family.

Eden said...

Sandra, we'll be praying for your MIL as well. My MIL just had surgery yesterday as yesterday, as well. She's had BC and was having preventative surgery.

someone else said...

It was truly lovely to read a post from you. I figured you were busy, busy, busy. I'm looking forward to getting back to somewhat of a routine next week, too.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Yey a Sandra post. Missed you lady! Hope you feel better soon, I know how you feel right now I have two sick kiddies and we've been sick too.

Hope you have a wonderful and blessed 2007.

I will pray for your MIL too, hugs n' love xx

Looney Mom™ said...

Bummer on being sick. Sorry. We totally understand the busyness and having other priorities. Get well soon.

Laura said...

Hello! So nice to hear from you but not so nice to hear you are sick again. I hope you feel better soon.
Happy New Year to you as well!!

Laura

Barb said...

It's nice to hear from you, Sandra. I'm sorry to hear that you're sick again. I'm amazed how many of our friends were sick through the holidays. I think I'm lucky I got over it just before Christmas.

I'm with you. I enjoyed Christmas but it was a big relief to put it all away. And we stay in on New Year's Eve, too. There's no way I'd venture out into the craziness on that night.

Happy New Year to you and your family. Hope you all feel a lot better soon.

Christina said...

I am so glad you finally got a chance to post. I've been checking every day and I have to admitt was a little worried. I tend to be a worrywart. Anyway glad to hear you are ok except for not feeling well. This time of year is so odd to me. One minute I'm up and one minute I'm down. I am never sure if it's the beginning of a new year that is stressful or the end of another one. Anyway Sylvia was on Montell today and said this year should be better than last so I hope so.

I will pray your MIL is doing fine. I hope her surgery went well and I hope she recovers quickly.

Happy new year!

Stacy said...

Praying for your MIL and hoping she's doing well. My SIL is also dealing with breast cancer and is facing 16 months of treatment due to the type of cancer. Here's hoping they both have a good 2007.

Anonymous said...

I miss not having coffee to your blog every morning! But I do understand that family comes first. Sorry you're feeling so down. I'm going to pray that you'll get into good spirits soon :) guess what? I released some good news on my blog yesterday (Friday) I think you better pop over and see!!

Miss Notesy said...

My SIL is away from home with a miltary husband. Only he's overseas for the next several months and she's alone with her 1 year old. It's a tough life. Hang in there. :-) I hope you MIL is doing well.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Hope you are feeling better soon! I have been having a time of it health wise myself! Blessings to you and yours this new years day!