Saturday, October 28, 2006

Five Senses Saturday!!!


Well this morning instead of the cinnamon in my coffee, which I just LOVED, I decided to change it to a teaspoon of chocolate powder. Oh goodness, it's sooo yummy, and you know what I'm thinking for tomorrow morning??? Some Pumpkin Pie Spice, that should be interesting, either really good, or puke inducing....hopefully the first one LOL

I don't have much time to write a lengthy post, we're heading to the Pumpkin Patch here soon and I have two kids to get ready, well and me and hubby too, but the kids is the hardest thing....ever try to get out of the house in a hurry??? I had Jasmine complaining that she couldn't find her shoes this morning, and then she proceeded to throw a tantrum while stairing at the ceiling, because you know, that would be the obvious place for the shoes to be???? I'm just saying!!!!

Anyway, I wanted to leave you with my Five Senses Saturday, it's a nice way to end off the week and kinda go back and remember everything I did the past few days, if anyone wants to play along, just let me know in my comments so I can come see yours when I return from the pumpkin patch. Have a beautiful day :)


::Hear::



- the quiet crunch of fallen leaves being walked on
- the hum of the dryer drying the freshly washed clothes

- rain hitting the windows at night
- the sound of my kids laughing together

- the tv in the background while I read my book



::See::



- pinecones everywhere in my yard

- the beautiful fall sunrises

- my favorite shows on tv

- the look of joy on Jasmine's face after moving up a level in AR Reading

- my husband walking towards us at the end of two weeks TDY


::touch::




- the feel of the wool as I knit Jasmine's scarf

- paper cut on the book I am reading

- arms of my husband around me

- the cold air in the morning, cutting through the warmth around me

- the heat of my coffee mug around my fingers



::taste::



- Ravioli Lasagna hot out of the oven
- Cinnamon Coffee

- The first slice of bread from the freshly hot homemade loaf

- The gooey first bite of a snickers bar

- grilled cheese sandwiches made with really good cheese and homemade bread



::smell::




- the rain outside

- the pine smell filling my backyard

- chicken and sausage gumbo cooking away in my crockpot
- coffee brewing before I get out of bed

- climbing into bed with clean fresh linens

9 comments:

Beckyb said...

Sandra - you are so clever! Can you post the ravioli lasagna recipe sometime?? That sounds (and Looks) wonderful!!

Looney Mom™ said...

No fair! We ran out of coffee yesterday and forgot to go buy more so I have no fresh-brewed coffee!! Waaaaaaaaahhhhh! I feel a headache coming on. I guess I'm going to HAVE to have some instant (blech) that I have on-hand for emergencies! Have a great weekend!

Christina said...

I can't wait to see the pumpkin patch pictures. Like I said I miss the pumpkin patch.

What a cute idea, leaving us with the 5 senses. I love that scarf. It is such a pretty yarn. I am going to try to learn how to knit. I used to know a little from my grandma, but she died when I was 12 and that kind of ended since no one else could knit. My mom is a great quilter and now my sister is a knitter, but back then no one that I knew did it.

I had to laugh at Jasmine's lost shoes. My 7 year old Damian looses his on a daily basis and he runs around throwing a fit asking where his shoes are and they are always on the side of the house by the trampoline. Maybe someday he will figure out he keeps leaving them in the same spot, just not the right spot.

Susanne said...

Yay, you finally get to get to that pumpkin patch trip. Have a great time!

This five senses post was really neat! I really enjoyed reading it! Very creative of you!

Kelli said...

Hi Sandra!
I LOVE your 5 senses post, very creative and so nice to read! I will try to join in some Saturday.
I have to have the recipe for that lasagne...it looks delicious!
I hope you all had fun at the pumpkin patch!
Kelli

uuu said...

Creative Post!!!! BUT - the Ravioli Lasagna made me SO hungry!!!!! THANKS!!

I also did something different in my coffee this morning - caramel syrup in my coffee - YUM!!!!!!! :) Will have to try the chocolate powder as well! Let us know about the pumpkin pie spice!

Barb said...

I'm having the same issues with blogger that Mrs. Blythe's having. Can't post anything and no one can comment on my posts. Very aggravating. But what can you do?

This post is gorgeous. The ravioli looks scrumptious!

Jen said...

I want that recipe>>>>>>>>

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Love this post! Awesome!