Saturday, August 12, 2006

VISIT TO THE LIBRARY......

Well as said earlier, we went by the library. The reason I'm even posting this is because the library is one of my most favorite places to go, I go about twice a week, sometimes more. There's just something so soothing and calming about it, and let's not forget the books, I'm obsessed with books.

Have you ever looked at your bookshelf TBR (to be read) pile and still gone out and checked more out at the library???? I do that a lot and I'm not ashamed to admit it :)

So I picked up two movies today. The Lion in Winter starring Patrick Stewart and Glenn Close.


The story of England's King Henry II as he manipulates (and is counter-manipulated) by his wife, Eleanor of Aquitaine, and their three ambitious sons, each of whom hopes to ascend to the throne.

I love historical movies, hence the one from last night "Victoria and Albert", so this is one I'm looking forward to watching this weekend. The other one I got was "Mansfield Park" by Jane Austen.


At 10, Fanny Price, a poor relation, goes to live at Mansfield Park, the estate of her aunt's husband, Sir Thomas. Clever, studious, and a writer with an ironic imagination and fine moral compass, she becomes especially close to Edmund, Thomas's younger son. Fanny is soon possessed of beauty as well as a keen mind and comes to the attention of a neighbor, Henry Crawford. Thomas promotes this match, but to his displeasure, Fanny has a mind of her own, asking Henry to prove himself worthy. As Edmund courts Henry's sister and as light shines on the link between Thomas's fortunes and New World slavery, Fanny must assess Henry's character and assert her heart as well as her wit.
Well now that I have movies to watch, I couldn't just walk out without books. That would be like going to Starbucks and walking out empty handed right?

I looked through the New Releases and quickly found Beverly Lewis' new book titled "The Englisher". I've loved all her books so I'm excited to read this one.

Then while I was browsing through the Inspirational and Christian section, one caught my eye. I don't know how many of you listen to Delilah on the radio. She's one of my favorite radio dj's and her blend of love songs, compassionate advice and her straight forward and direct attitude, is one of the reasons I just tune into her whenever possible.
When I saw her book I snatched it right up...it's called "Love Someone Today" and it's about her faith and her personal strength. If you get a chance and have never heard her on the radio, I suggest tuning in if possible, I'm sure you won't be disappointed :)


Another thing I always do at the library, is stop by their Books for Sale shelf. You can find such great books for only 25c a piece and some are even free.
My hubby picked up "Left Behind" by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins....now I've seen the movies and I've been dying to read the books, so I'm thrilled to have it in my possession. I also picked up another one that caught my eye, just because the title was funny and you should have seen my hubby's face LOL
It's called "Angry Housewives" Eating Bon Bons by Lorna Landvik. Rest assured I told my husband this wasn't some sort of hint or secret message, especially on our anniversary. LOL

So there ya have it, now you know what I'll be reading and watching this weekend. Oh and before I leave, if you like MercyMe, be sure to pick up their CD "Coming up to Breathe". It's just amazing, there's not enough words to say how good it is. I got it from my MIL on my birthday and I've listened to it endlessly, especially the song called "Bring the Rain", it's one of those songs that seem to say exactly what my life is and has been.

I leave you with the lyrics and the hope of a goodnight.
God Bless,

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain

I am Yours regardless of
The clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain
So I pray

Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty





6 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the new look...you're always coming up with great designs!

I love listening to Delilah too! She's awsome!

Melany aka Supermom said...

Love your new look :) I love books too. Our library is in a real bad part of town though, so we don't get to go there. It's a pity as I would love to take the boys.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I love the library and the feeling, smells, etc while I am in there. So soothing! Growing up my mom used to tutor kids at the library during the summers, and we'd spend our days there!

P.S. I really enjoyed Mansfield Park (the movie), too.

Kelli said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!
I can't put down a Beverly Lewis book once I pick it up and I listen to Deliah almost every evening while cleaning up the kitchen. :0)
I LOVE your new blog layout and colors BTW! Too cute!
Kelli

Overwhelmed! said...

Your new blog look is great! Thanks for the movie and book suggestions. I love our library too and I've jotted some of these down to go look for. I love listening to Deliah as well. :) She's an adoptive mother like me. :)

Christina said...

Let me know how you liked The Lion in Winer. This sounds good.
I like Beverly Lewis also but haven't read her in awhile.
Like you I am definately obsessed with the library. You know from my blog my to be read pile is ridiculous. Yes I go to the library every week and still pick some books up even though I barely have time to read the stuff I already have. Whenever my daughter asks to go to the library I say ok and tell her you can get something but I'm not because I have enough already. Can you guess who gets the most books? That would be me. She is a close second though. I also get tons of dvd's and cd's and books on cd, and whatever else the library has to offer.
Yes I love shopping at the thrift store. We also have the coolest Goodwill. Because we are on an island most stores don't ship back the stock they haven't sold for the season so they donate it to Goodwill. I get brand new things for next to nothing. Still with the tags on and all. I also like our shop on Hickam AFB. It is a little better than the Army one although I frequent both. Don't get me started on the local Savers (kind of like a value village), this is my other obsession. Books and thrift stores.