Monday, August 07, 2006

Know what I can't stand????

PUBLIC BATHROOMS!!!!! And before you even say "Yes the germs"......STOP right there, I know the germs are nasty but that's not even what gets to me the most.

I want to know who was the genius that invented these bathroom stalls????
I'm thinking some pervert sitting at home and coming up with ways of getting a cheap thrill.

If there is one thing I hate is going into that stall and feeling like I'm in a glass case just set up in the middle of a circus, everyone can walk by and look in and see what I'm doing. I've actually started using my kids as BB aka Bathroom Blockers. I stick one in one hole and the other in the next one.........and no I don't mean the holes under the doors, I mean on the sides.

I've lived in many countries but this is the only one that I've ever had this problem with. Why can't they just make it an enclosed stall, and by that I mean, CLOSED, no holes, no huge gaps between doors and walls etc......you know what I'm talking about right???
So please if you are a Bathroom Stall manufacturer or whatever you call yourself, just make sure there's no huge gaping holes anywhere, women are not like men, believe it or not we don't like having an audience watching us.

Now I want to talk about something more serious, and I'm asking you all for prayers, please. WE just found out this morning that my MIL was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, she is going in next week for more tests to make sure it hasn't spread anywhere else. We really really need prayers, it's extremely hard for all of us but especially her boys, my hubby and brother in law. Having lost their father to cancer just 3 years ago, this is a shock to them.......so please if you can say a prayer for my MIL Pat to help her get through this.
She's a Christian lady and very devoted to God, so I have no doubt that she will be fighting this with all she has, but I ask that you please say a prayer or ask a friend to......it's just been a big shock for everyone.

I know I started this post light hearted, and maybe that's just the way I handle things, I try to think on the positive side and not let myself freak out over things, but it really is something that is affecting me, I don't want to have to think about my kids loosing their grandma or my hubby and BIL loosing their mom. It's going to be rough the next few weeks and months, but we'll get through it together.

I'm faithful in the Lord and I know he's going to be there supporting us and carrying us all through the hardest times, but I would really appreciate prayers.

God Bless,

16 comments:

Claire said...

Gah, evil bathroom stalls! I feek your pain.

On a more serious note, I will say a prayer for Pat and for you all at this trying time!

Cxx

mom of 2 said...

I totally agree with you about the bathroom stalls! No doubt a man invented those...along with high heels and pantyhose!

I said a prayer for your MIL and your family--I hope for good news!!

Beck said...

That's terrible about your mother-in-law. She'll be in my prayers.
And so true about bathroom stalls - my son has peeked under the door at more than one unsupsecting person and cheerfully piped "Peek-a-boo!"

rena said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mother in law. Yes, am praying. My mother has been battling leukemia this past year...and quite frankly I don't know where she is at with the Lord...one day she seems so open and the next she's picking arguments over how Jesus was married and had children! It's like riding a rollercoaster. But then, this ain't about me...it's about your MIL..so yes, may she be healed, and grow from strength to strength through this ordeal..
And it's about you and bathroom stalls...did you and Jaime at Flipflop share a dream or something? You're almost blogging on the same topic! LOL..You two are Babes in blogland potty talking....HAHAHAHA..I crack myself up.

love ya
Rena

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I was just a Rena's blog and saw your name...and since that is my name..I thought I would come over and see your blog...I see you are a young mother at home. Good for you. I was also but am now a grandmother of 7 and still at home..Thank goodness!! Just wanted to say HI!!

Sandy

Angie said...

I will be praying for her! Does she live near you guys?

I totally agree with the peeping door holes too! Hate.that!

someone else said...

Add my prayers to the many who have said they'd pray. I'm so sorry to hear this news and I hope her recovery is complete.

Public bathrooms???? I despise them!

Looney Mom™ said...

Oh Sandra. I understand the desperation and helpless feelings this brings about. We've been there. I will pray for your entire family through this ordeal.

Beckyb said...

Sandra - I am so sorry for your family and I will be praying as well - God's grace is good!

On another note - I love your blog and would like to use a template for mine as well - was it hard to download? Also - does it keep everything you've put on before or do you start all over??
Thanks -

You can email me if you'd like to explain more on the template thing!! beckybilby@hotmail.com

Courtney said...

Pat & your family will definately be in my prayers. that has to be so hard. I had a simliar scare with Matt's mom right after he left for Iraq & see Matt's mom is more like my mom than my MIL so that was hard in so many ways. Keep us posted but I'm sure with everyones faith & prayers she will be well taken care of!
Love always,
Court

Gretchen said...

I'm praying for your MIL. My mother had breast cancer and beat it by the grace of God. My prayers are with you and your whole family

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your MILs diagnosis with breast cancer. What a scary time this must be for your family. I will definitely keep her in my prayers; please let us know how she is doing!

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry about your MIL. I will definitely be keeping her and the whole family in my prayers. I hope that the rest of the tests come out negative, and they're able to treat her and make her 100% well. God Bless You all in this difficult time.

Christina said...

We will be praying for your MIL here also. My mom had been diagnosed with breast cancer back in 1994. It was stage 4 because she waited so long and because the tumor was the size of a grapefruit and actually burst through her skin. With many prayers though she pulled through. The treatment didn't turn out to be that bad (chemo and all) and she is still cancer free today. She did have masectomy. What I am saying is she survived and I pray the same for your MIL. Just be strong and keep the prayer train going. I am sure with all your blogging friends involved God can hear the prayers loud and clear.

Overwhelmed! said...

Sandra, I'm offering up prayers for your MIL. Please keep us posted!

And I'm with you, I despise public stalls due to the peep show aspect of them!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl....I havent had time to post in the last 2 days. I just read you posts.
I'am so sorry for the bad news. I too had a scare with brest cancer at 32 weeks pregnant with Miller. Of course it was fine..I had tumor removed while pregnant. It was the most scariest thing Scott and I had ever gone through. We were scared of premature labor. I will send prayers your way and wrap you and your family with them.
Keep us posted.
Jen