Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Works for Me Wednesday!!! July 26


"I want a snack".....Grrrr, anyone else tired of hearing those words???

It seems that every 10 minutes, one of my kids let's me know that they are apparently starving, but not for anything nutritional, for snacks.......after a while of doing this I realized that I needed to come up with a healthier snack than the usual fruit roll ups, bag of chips or cookies. (Their favorites).

This is what my WFMW is about today, what works for me when they ask for snacks.

I had to cut down on all the junk food, so lately they have been really good about eating fruit or even carrots for snacks, but there's days that they want something different and that's where my WFMW tip comes in.



I make Peanut Butter and Jelly Tortillas, or Peanut Butter and Banana ones.
I take a flour tortilla, spread peanut butter and jelly on it and roll it up, then I cut it into slices . For the PB and Banana, I just substitute the Jelly with sliced bananas and then do the same, roll it up and slice it.
They love it and I feel like they're getting a MUCH better snack.




Now for ANOTHER WFMW tip, yes you're getting two for the price of one today.....aren't I the crafty one??? LOL

Blogger has been extremely painful lately and especially when it comes to uploading pictures, I had a few friends ask me how I was able to post pictures on my blog these past few days. Easy, because I know HTML and when you know that you can bypass a lot of the frustrating glitches in Blogger.

So here you are, next time blogger acts up and doesn't let you upload your photos.....upload them to either photobucket or another free host, like Flickr or Imageshack......then come back to your post, click where it says EDIT HTML......next you type img src="URL" but remember to add this < style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;">img and this one > after the url" ......and when you click back on COMPOSE, your pic will be there......just click on it and center it if you wish or leave it, and you can also click on it and resize it if it's too big.

Hope this helps all you blogger users, so now, there will be NO MORE excuses for not posting pictures when blogger is not cooperating LOL

If want to join in on the WFMW posts, just head on over Shannon's "Rocks in My Dryer".

19 comments:

Beck said...

What terrific snack ideas! Yummy!

Glass Half Full said...

What a smart idea! PB is the best!!

Maria said...

great idea!

Anonymous said...

I'm off to my kitchen!

Chris

Susanne said...

My kids love just a stick of cheese rolled up in a tortilla too or melted with salsa.

Thanks for the html tip. I'm very computer illiterate and blogging has forced me to use my mind and learn, learn, learn. I'm gonna try it. Hope I don't crash all of blogdom in the process. :)

Love your new look!

Michelle said...

I've seen recipes like that with the tortillas and they look like a great snack! You can also spread it with cream cheese and jelly, or other fruit and it tastes good too!

Karyzma said...

About the snacks..I'm thinkin why didn't I think of that? That's such a simple snack and it sounds delicious too. Much better than the ole bag of ruffles trick or the handful of chocolate chip cookies. I'll have to make some of those tonight. I'm craving PB and bananas all of a sudden. lol.

Love,
Kathy

mom of 2 said...

That looks yummy! My kids also like cream cheese and ham or turkey rolled up in a tortilla and cut into slices. It also makes a good replacement for a sandwich in a lunchbox. Thanks for the ideas!!

Barb said...

Great snack idea - we're just starting the grandbaby on finger foods so I'm keeping this one in mind for him. By the way, when is it OK to give them their first peanut butter? I can't remember.

And if this uploading photo trick works, you will hear me laughing with glee all the way from Colorado!

Christina said...

Those look awesome. Thanks for the tip, I am going to try them this weekend. I also liked the recipe for rice pudding that is on your cooking blog link. I can't wait to try all these new recipes.

Angie said...

Yummy, I love banana and peanut butter, my kids think I am gross...whatever. Those look really yummy!
Thanks for the HTML tip!

rena said...

What a great twist on an old favorite! I grew up on peanut butter and banana sandwichs but on a tortilla!! Drooling! Thanks!

uuu said...

Thanks for the great idea!!!!!! I am always looking for a healthier snack idea -- my son is ALWAYS hungry!!! :)

Kate O'Brien said...

What a great idea. And much cheaper than the chips and stuff. My children eat way too much junk food. I have been feeling very guilty about that as of late. All seven of my children seem to be starving every few minutes as well, and with it being summer and they are all home it is driving me crazy!

Courtney said...

Yuuuummmy:)

Susanne said...

Sandra:

Can you tell me which of the 3 image sharers you listed as being the easiest for a basically computer illiterate person to use? I'm needing to know a soon as is possible if you could as I'm leaving out of town and can't get blogger to upload.

Thanks for any help you can give

Susanne
Living to tell the story
SuesMail@telus.net

Wendy said...

Great idea. This looks really good. My son is allergic to peanuts though, so I will have to pass this on to my sister for her kids.

Kelli said...

Ooh...we have the same snack around here!! Tortilla's are such handy things to have around! Have you ever made pizza on them? I put them on a cookie sheet and bake them until they are crispy. I think I flip them once. Then I take them out of the oven, add sauce, cheese, toppings and pop them back in the oven for a few minutes. They are sooo good!
Kelli

Charlene Amsden said...

Dr. John is having a marathond and he sent me by to read your blog and leave a comment. Now I feel guilty for playing instead of cleaning my home!