Wednesday, July 12, 2006

RAINY DAY......

It's 73 degrees outside and it's been raining. Is there anything more beautiful??? I love rain, I love the smell of rain, the sound, just everything that goes with it.

Since things have cooled down here, the kids are literally jumping off the walls, they are bored and complaining that there's nothing to do because they can't go outside to the trampoline or the swing set.
Hence, my WFMW tip, this is what we do when the rain comes out, so be sure to check my post below.

You know one of the other things I love??? Watching decorating shows, yes, you know like Trading Spaces, Changing Rooms and House Invaders on BBC and then there's the HGTV channel. I am shamelessly addicted to these shows and of course let's not forget the Food Network, HELLO???? Food is my thing!!!

I'm also ridiculously addicted to Cook books. Yes well this is turning into a tell all post, just throwing things out there that I think people will want to know, or maybe not, but I'm going to tell you anyway. LOL

I've mentioned my greatgrandmother many times, and how much she's taught me, I mean, literally close to everything I know about being a homemaker and a wife and mom, has come from her. Maybe I'm living in the wrong time, because nowadays, being a SAHM is sometimes frowned upon and talked about as if taboo. I've actually found myself almost embarassed to say what my profession is, and it's not that I think there's something wrong with it, because there isn't, but it's what other people think. THERE YA GO, another thing that I have to work on, not worrying about what others think.
I love everything about being at home, and to me there's nothing better than a clean house, home cooked meal, beautiful linens, pretty crocheted doily's, quilts, family heirlooms etc. Isn't that what makes you run home at the end of the day?!?!?!?

Anyway, changing gears here, yesterday Nicholas was not listening and more than once I had to pull him aside and tell him to behave himself, at one point I told him to stop doing something to which he replied "yes I will otherwise mommy will be a cry baby" HUH?!?!?! I am NOT a cry baby *stomping foot on the ground and sticking my lower lip out*
Where do kids come up with these things??? Is this what Blue, Dora and Pinky Dinky Doo are teaching nowadays??? LOL

What happened to Gummi Bears, all they taught was that if you drank some juice you could jump really high!!! Or The Littles, all they taught was that there's many uses for normal household items, have you ever turned a matchbox into a bed, or a thimble into a chair???

So I'm about to admit again, that I didn't mop yesterday. *duck*
I know I said that if I didn't you should all slap me, so go ahead, I'm ready for it, not willing, but ready.....I don't know what it is about mopping that has me running in the opposite direction. It's not like I'm the mop head actually scrubbing the dirty floors......all I know is that today is the day, I have to do it.
Then I see this picture and I just have to laugh......WHAT?!?!?!? LOL




Who??? Where are these women that get rid of stress by mopping and buffing their floors??? LOL
If anything it just stresses me out more because I know that while I'm mopping, there will be several little feet happily stomping on it.....then just about an hour later (If I'm lucky), there will suddenly be a sticky spot that no one knows where it came from. It just magically appeared there. It keeps spreading the more you walk on it, and before you know it, there's another HUGE black nasty dubious mess to clean. See, I'm stressed just thinking about it LOL


Update on my Funky Mama Mission.....this morning I put on a pair of really cute tight jeans (ok I kinda squeezed a little into them, not much though) and a cute top and I was all happy. Got my make up on and tried to styled my hair, then I looked at all my shoes to try and find something cute to wear, like my sandals from yesterday. I saw these really cute shoes I haven't tried in a LONG time (should have taken that as a sign to leave them alone), let me tell you first though, they're high heels LOL......oh boy, here we go, after so many years of wearing either tennis shoes, flip flops, sandals or slippers, this was sure to be fun.
I put them on all happy with myself and then I tried to walk downstairs......go ahead keep laughing, you should have seen me. I was all discombobulated, if someone had walked in at that point they would have thought I was either drunk or high on some good stuff. Needless to say, I tossed the shoes aside, after spraining my ankle, and grabbed some flipflops. *SIGH*.....this is going to take more work than I thought!!!!

Well I better get out of here, got some pom poms to make and cookies to throw in the oven. Hope you all have a great wednesday, and if you're trying to bring out your funky mama too, I'm cheering you on :)

12 comments:

Co(S)mic Gal said...

Adoro o xeirinho a chuva!
Sabe tão bem estar á janela a ver a chuva a cair :)
Muitax Bjokax

Lori's Minute said...

Thanks for the kind words...we SAHMs need to stick together!!!! I know she will appreciate everythig I did when she is older but right now I feel like laying on the couch doing nothing but pout with my bottom lip out!

I like rain, too

Michelle said...

No one said you had to wear high heels while hanging out at home being a funky mamma! LOL What a funny picture you painted :)

So mopping is how you get rid of stress? Guess I don't mope near as often as I should :)

Angie said...

Ok, not sure if you did this on purpose, but did you notice the Funky Mama mopping the floor (very joyfully I might add) is wearing high heels? Just wonderin'?
Geez, that woman looks to happy to be mopping.

I agree with you (as usual), I hate mopping when I know that they are gonna be running through at any given moment...ugh! I think that stresses me out more.

Ok, I say that funky hip Moms definately wear flip flops daily! What else is there anyways?

Stacy said...

pom poms and cookies - interesting combination.

Karyzma said...

Being the shortie that I am....I wear heels most of the time cuz my pants always drag. LOL. But, I love flip flops!! There's nothing more comfy in the world. Go ahead and wear your sandals. Those are hott shoes too, because they show off your pretty feet!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL on the picture you posted... !
Oh, I'm so proud of you all SAHMs...
cause you remind me of my mom...

Anonymous said...

I totally love rain too. Everything about it. Had to laugh at him saying you are a cry baby lol Where DO they come up with these things?

Anonymous said...

hey! The Gummibears are still on over here!

Sandra said...

anokax - Ai se faz....nao a nada melhor neste mundo, bom, a nao ser uns chocolatinhos LOL Beijocas :)

lori's minute - That's right, right now we're entitled to feel upset and pout, I do it quite often LOL Hope you're having a better day :)

michelle - LOL yeah like I said in your blog, the high heels were to go out to an appointment with LOL I'm so glad I didn't take them.

angie - I actually hadn't noticed she was wearing high heels, LOL but now that you mention it. I think flip flops should be the standard SAHM uniform LOL

stacy - LOL yeah it is.

mystik - see I want to wear high heels too, especially pointy ones, they are so hot. LOL But I'll stick to flipflops and sandals, much easier on the ankles.

aurora - LOL doesn't she look all happy mopping?? Who looks like that? LOL

mrs blythe - LOL glad I made you laugh. LOL you had me laughing out loud at the mop scene, me on the floor with a mop in my hand LOL

melany - LOL I don't know where he got that, but it royally annoyed me LOL I'm NOT a cry baby. LOL

valk - GASP, do they really??? OMG I loe gummibears :)

Glass Half Full said...

Ok, I am a Foodnetwork junkie!! If I wasn't totally in love with my hubby I would marry Alton Brown in a minute -- for his cooking talents only of course!!! :)

Sam said...

I just have to say I came across your blog by accident, but I totally love it! I have been checking it every morning and I get such a laugh and feel so good! We SAHM's need to stick together!
Mopping...YUCK! And what's so sick is that I think...if hubby could just take the dogs and baby for a few hours I could mop without little paws & knees (crawler) going through my work. How sad that I would want to spend time in a quiet house that way?
Anyway, I LOVE your blog!