Monday, July 24, 2006

In the toilet????

Ok remember last week I told you that Nicholas accused me of eating his hair gel??? I mean really, I know I have problems with food because I just can't diet, BUT I have not resorted to eating weird stuff like that. LOL

This morning being the Designated Willy Shaker that I am, I was called into the bathroom because he was done. Great, now picture me with this annoyed look on my face and repeatedly telling him that this is NOT going to go on for much longer. He gets up and is standing there getting his underwear back on. I say to myself (yes I talk to myself at times lol) "I need to wash my hair this morning". Out of the corner of my eye I see him quickly look at me and then he says "IN THE TOILET?????". LOL
Oh come on now, this is getting out of hand.....I'm terrified of this kid talking to any strangers about his mommy. I can just see it now....

Stranger - Where's your mommy?
Nicholas - At home, eating hair gel and washing her hair in the toilet.

That's what I have to look forward to. Great isn't it??? LOL
You know I realized yesterday that when kids are born they must have this memo handed out, with all these little things that should be done to annoy parents. Like:

1. If you see your parent pick up the toys, wait until they leave the room and then dump it all out, watch their faces, it's priceless.

2. When handed a juice box, repeatedly tell them you will be very good and keep it in the kitchen, and then again, wait until they turn their backs, run into the living room and proceed to use the juice box as a sprinkler. Remember to turn in circles really fast, and squeeze the box hard.

3. Only hear what they say if it's convenient for you, don't answer if it means doing chores or going to bed, ESPECIALLY going to bed, again, watch their faces, it's priceless.

See, this list just goes on and on. Or is it just my kids that got this memo? I love them to death, but boy can they push me to the limits.

They're being really good this morning, which some people would say "Yay that's wonderful", yes it is, but I always get worried. Why are they being so good right now? Do they have something major planned for later? They know I'm going to the store this afternoon....oh NO, are they waiting for that to act out? I think I watch too much tv, really. It's crazy what your mind will think of if you just let it run for a bit. lol

Blogger is being sensitive today (for lack of a nicer way to say it). I can't get on anyone's blogs and can't comment. Hopefully they will get their act together soon, I'm having blogging withdrawals, need.to.read.my.favorite.blogs..... I'm actually lucky to be posting this right now, it wouldn't even let me in my account earlier, something about they know what the problem is and their engineers are working on it. HA!!!!
ONE DAY AT A TIME, that's what my 15 Minutes Alone with God was about today. The author talks about how we always ask God for guidance for tomorrow or next week or next year, and we forget to ask him for that same guidance just for today. Well I'm guilty of that, I'm usually asking God for help with major things (you know I've mentioned this before), something happening in the future etc. But there's days that I get into bed at night and realize that my TO DO list for that day just didn't get done. I was too busy worrying about tomorrow or the following day.

She suggests making a TO DO list for today and only listing those things that NEED to be done. After a few weeks of doing this you start ranking the activities by priority, start with the most important thing and then let the least important items settle for last, she even says that by the end of the day some of those things will probably even drop off the list.
I'm all for that, and I think I'm going to try that today, I mean really let's get realistic, do I need to sweep and mop everyday, vacuum everyday, scrub and dust and spend so much time on housework??? I am all for a clean house, but I think things should be in moderation.

Father God, I pray for my schedules. I ask for wise discernment in order to gain control of my life. Give me the courage to say "no" to the time wasters and say "yes" to the things that have eternal value. Amen.
I'm having a good day, I woke up this morning with a smile on my face. I can't remember what I dreamed about so I guess it could be attributed to that??? No??? MY hope is that it's still this great feeling of contentement that I mentioned in yesterday's post. Could God be letting me feel this way for longer than a day, maybe to shake things up and make me realize what I've been missing by worrying so much, and by NOT putting things in his hands???
I've been trying so hard for the past few months, and I've gotten a lot better but I still tend to do the controlling thing.....I give Him something to help me with with and then I put him on a timer.

Me - You not done yet Lord? I was really hoping for today.
Lord - No Sandra, I'm not done, remember things are done on MY timing not yours.
Me - yes yes I know, but could you maybe hurry it along a little, just a bit?
Lord - You're not paying attention to a single word I've said.
Me - Oh just give it back to me, I'll get it done faster.
Lord - (shaking his head), my sweet dear daughter, when are you going to learn?

I can tell you that this is how our conversations go. I say I'll leave it up to Him, and then snatch it away real fast, then I sit back and cry and wonder why it didn't work. DUH!!!! But yet, I keep doing it, am I really that dumb or thick headed??? LOL
I'm hoping to really nip this bad habit in the behind.....I know one day I will be able to let Him take my problems without so much as a second thought from me. One day!!!

Well I better get my day started, got a big basket of laundry to iron. Did I tell you how much I LOVE ironing??? Really I do, I get excited just thinking about it :)
I also want to go jump in the shower real quick and wash my hair, NO, not in the toilet....the shower.

Have a wonderful day everyone,

14 comments:

someone else said...

You never fail to bring me laughter or make me smile. Happy Monday to you, Sandra!

Christina said...

Your little one is so funny. I love when you post about the funny things he says. It always makes me laugh. Funny what they are thinking at this age.

Beck said...

Some days, my kids make me feel like I am going slowly out of my mind. And on bad days, my kids make me feel like I'm going quickly out of mind. It's win/win!

Laura said...

Sandra you crack me up! I get called a freak for my love of organizing but IRONING now thats weird...LOL. You can come iron my clothes anytime! Enjoy your day :)

Karyzma said...

Sandra:
You are too hard on yourself! Try to relax a little. I know it's hard. I'm liuving with my parents right now until I move to Japan to be with Hubby, but I'm sure when we do get our house, I'll be working myself to the bone everyday too. Just take a day off, or even a few hours, and just do something fun. Not ironing though. Go and pamper yourself. :o) Your kids are precious. Your post really made me smile today. I always know I can visit your blog and my spirits will be lifted. Take care and you have a good monday too!

Michelle said...

Oh I can just imagine the things your son comes up with! You should submit some of your conversations with him to Parent or Parenting magazines where they have the "bloopers" pages!

Hey I've got some shirts that need ironing if you love it so much! I dread it!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh I've had blogger issues, too, today and just now can comment! Yay- cause I just wanted to say you really do make me smile when I read your posts, and also I can definitely relate!

Barb said...

You have no idea how relieved I was to read you're having issues with blogger today too. V.e.r.y frustrating. If you hear someone from the direction of Colorado laughing with glee, loud, it means I finally got a photo uploaded. Errrggghhhh.

I laughed out loud at this. I remember how scary it was when the kids were being too good. It almost always meant they were either up to something sneaky orthey were getting ready to ask me something I didn't want to be asked.

Come to think about it, I don't suppose that's changed all that much even now that they're grown!

Funny, funny post.

mom of 2 said...

hilarious! Love the part about the juice box sprinkler! I got the funniest picture in my head of a small child actually squirting a capri sun and turning like a sprinkler. I'm now wondering if that is what my son has been doing all of this time! Thanks for the chuckle!!

RJ said...

Love the new look Sandra

Many Blessings

:o)

Angie said...

You definatly put a huge smile on my face this evening. I needed it! The juice box thing...oh so true! I always worry when my kids are quiet...because it is too rare and I know that something is going on or else it will within the next few seconds! But kids will be kids, you are so not alone on this one- the hair washing in the toilet, yes..the kids, no!
I am leaving you with a *great*big*smile*. Thanks!

Faerylandmom said...

Believe me, your kids are definately NOT the only ones who got the memo. My son did too. Only his runs something like this:

Never stop moving. EVER. The faster you move, the more exercise your mom will get. The louder you move, the healthier her lungs will have to get. You'll also be able to break more things, knock your sister over more often, and jump on the furniture before Mom can catch you. Plus, she'll kick you out to the backyard more often, where there is DIRT!

God bless you!

rena said...

As usual, you make me smile. So, did the kids save their acting out for the shopping trip? Just curious.
That whole control thing??? Yeah, me too...learning though. He really is sovereign and in control, so you just may as well give in. No use in fighting it.
Your son is a fine wit as they used to say in Edwardian days. No use in fighting that either. LOL.
Hope your evening is going as well as your day went.
Rena

Kelli said...

I think we need to keep you out of the bathroom, Sandra. You cause too much mischief in there..heehee.
Your list of how to annoy your parents was priceless!!! So funny! Have a wonderful day and stay away from the toilet!
Kelli