Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Here we are at another Treasure Tuesday and again I'm eager to share my treasures. My stepmom has told me many times that she loves reading these entries and I've actually brought her to tears......wasn't my intention, BUT they are tears of joy and not sadness, so all is good :)



Crocheted Doilies.......Yes, that's what my treasures are today. Many of you probably think I'm being silly, but really they mean a lot to me.

2009_11240026



When I was growing up I remember seeing them all over our house and my grandmother's house, I remember touching them and appreciating the intricate designs. See, the women in my family all have a great affinity for crocheting, something which seemed to bypass me, I can knit I can embroider and I can even do candlewicking, but don't ask me to crochet because I just can't seem to get it right.

2009_11240016

For years, I watched them make beautiful doilies, some were given to friends, some were even sold in stores, and I started asking for them and collecting them before I got married. I now have a beautiful collection of crocheted doilies, which I proudly display around my house.

2009_11240012

I use them everywhere, in my veggie basket, under my coffee machine and toaster, in the bedrooms on the dressers, or the nightstands.....just everywhere I can think of. As my grandmother's got older, they stopped making them as much, if any at all the past few years, so these beautiful treasures are going to be treasured by me right along with my treasures from last week, my Crocheted Potholders.



2009_11240021

What kind of treasures do you have laying around your house? And what beautiful memories do you have attached to them? If you want to join in on the Treasure Tuesday posts, just head on over to Faithful Mommy's blog.

6 comments:

Beck said...

That's so pretty! My husband's aunt has been giving us crocheted doilies for Christmas every year since she learned how to crochet and they ARE pretty!

Overwhelmed! said...

I love crocheted doilies, although I only have a couple in my house. What beautiful memories you have associated with them!

I've posted a TT as well. Stop by and take a peek. :)

someone else said...

Oh, I love crocheted doilies! I have a lot of them, some were my mother's, my grandmother's and many were made for me by my step-mother. They're so beautiful and I use them all over my house. I must say, though, that it never occurred to me to put one under the coffee maker. Nice touch!

Christina said...

I love the doilies. I remember my grandmother had lots of them. I like your ideas so I think I might steel the one about putting it under the coffee maker. It looks so nice. I have depression china from my grandmother and I love it. She only died a year ago so I think of her whenever I use it, which is every day.

Michelle said...

What a beautiful collection you have! My grandmothers both had these laying all around their homes as well!

Karla said...

What a great treasure! (No treasure is silly, silly! ;) ) I, too, appreciate the intricate designs of these doilies, but don't ask me to make one. That would be atrocious!
Thanks for stopping by to check out my treasure today! =)
PS - your blog design is beautiful. From the post above, your children are beautiful!! I love red hair! I wish I had it. My husband did when he was younger. We were hoping our Bean would get it, but nope...she got mine. Oh well. =)