Saturday, June 17, 2006

YES, VIVA PORTUGAL!!!


You all now know that I'm a soccer fanatic and that I'm enjoying the Fifa World Cup. Well this morning the kids and I watched Portugal vs Iran. Portugal won 2-0 and they have advanced to the second round. The first time since 1966, so it's a HUGE victory for them. They have now eliminated Iran from the World Cup.

I'm happy, well ecstatic actually, I don't think I've screamed and laughed and danced as much as I did this morning. If things continue this way, I am sure by the time it's over I will have lost the last 10 lbs that haunt me LOL



So now the kids and I are getting ready to watch USA vs Italy at 2:30pm our time. The kids are excited because they want USA to win, and I'm rooting for them too. This is great because my kids are half portuguese and half american, so they get to root for two countries, actually 3 countries if you count Brazil who are portuguese too :)

I kept pointing out certain players to them from the Portugal team, and showed them Figo who I've met in person, years ago.
It just goes to show that there are SO many ways to find time to bond with your kids, from cooking, to playing, to watching tv or even watching a soccer game. Who knew huh???

Curt has weekend duty, which means he will be at work all day, and thankfully he is going back to normal day shift next week. I don't think we're cut out for weird shifts in this house, it seriously messes with our brains LOL

I think I had told you all a while ago that we play this online game called "Dark Age of Camelot". Yes, me the stay-at-home-mommy, actually plays adventure games with her husband. It might be weird but it's true. It's funny in a way because Curt has had many guys at work tell him they wish their wives were like me (lol poor deluded men), just because they say I'm hot (AGAIN, poor deluded men), they say I cook really well, I'm a good wife and mother AND I actually play computer games with him, the whole package. You know what I say???
Playing computer games wasn't my first choice, it's not really something I go out of my way to do, but if it makes my husband happy and it helps us bond and find something else to have fun with, then why not???

Why do we as women believe that it's weird or unacceptable to do certain things??? Is it because society states so, or is it because we just don't have the patience or energy to try something new??? For fear that we might actually enjoy it???
I say, DO what you want to do (obviously within the law lol), but don't go by what others think is the right thing or acceptable, you will find that you miss out on so much precious time with your family and friends. GO FORTH AND CONQUER!!! Oh wait, I don't know where that came from, but you get the point right???

After all the responses I got to my Laundry post, I am debating daydreaming about whether I should make a business and travel the country with my trusty iron in hand. I could bring the happiness of freshly ironed laundry to your home AND get to meet you all in person, plus I would see new places. Sounds like a viable plan, does it not??? LOL
Or maybe you can just mail me your laundry? Nah, that would just take too long (mail wise not ironing, I'm a fast little bugger).

So today for dinner I'm making Mushroom Bacon Burgers be sure to check out my food blog for the recipe.

I will also be working on Nicholas's room. Right now it's all cars and trucks and transportation theme, but the other day we went to the thrift store and found some wall borders on sale for 70c each, I couldn't resist and he begged me to have them. They're not exactly cars, but they are NASA, the moon and a rocket ship. I think we can make that work right????

Well I better get out of here, want to get my burgers ready so I can refrigerate them, the longer I leave them in there the more they will absorb the flavor.

Hope you're all having a great saturday. :)
God Bless,

10 comments:

Beck said...

I think that's good marital advice - so many women that I know don't seem to go to any effort at all to connect with their husbands. Good for you for playing computer games with him! (I play computer games with my husband, too.)

j said...

As they say - Share a hobby with a hubby. In this case, play your hubby's favorite video games!

Anonymous said...

I play Ultima with my husband and actually enjoy it. Obviously while he is in Iraq, I cannot play with him since the connection over there isn't as fast as it needs to be when you start battling monsters. Well, I am pretty good at the game. Keep up the great work. I wouldn't say I am a great cook, but I did try a Salisbury Steak recipe of your the other night and my daughter LOVED IT!

Thanks for your blog.

Faith

Courtney said...

When Matt's home we LOVE playing CSI board game. I love & miss those times. Little things like that are a great way to spend a little time together.
Hope your having a great weekend:)
Love ya,
Court

rena said...

Congratulations Portugal!! Watched the game as well. My daughter joked that we're adding Portugul to our list when we tour Europe together...had something to do with the good looking men on the team.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy fixing up Nicholas room :)

Shionge said...

I bet it's gonna be lots of fun watching the world cup with you...:P

Anonymous said...

Where oh WHERE can I get my hands on rocket ship and moon borders!! (tears hair out) - I'm busy re-doing the bubby's room with a space theme - and it's the ONE thing I can't find is this friggin country!! (Is there a website I can order them from in the US??? [hopes fervently]).

Sandra said...

Thank you all :)

Valkyrie - if you go to this site they have a LOT of borders available :) http://www.linenstore.co.uk/children-s-bedding-space-theme-bedding.html

Pfingston said...

Doesn't Mexico play Portugal next?