Monday, June 05, 2006

Weekends and Food don't mix!!!!

Yes you heard right, I said that "weekends and food don't mix". Wanna know why?
Because for some unknown reason, as soon as friday night comes around I go on this food eating spree. Anything that crosses my path gets eaten, well, not ANYTHING, but food wise.

That's why I went from 133lbs back up to 135lbs. DAGNABIT is all I say!!! So I was sitting in bed last night and thinking about my paranoia with my weight. Yes it's a disease, I used to think it was just a way of thinking but it's not, it's really a sickness, one that has taken over my body and mind for years and years. This feeling of never being happy with the way I look, always wanting to look smaller and thinner and prettier and whatever. How could you not right? Every magazine you look at is filled with these skeletal girls with beautiful skin and no dark circles under their eyes (unlike a hard working mother who never gets enough sleep).

So I'm laying there and I think "Lord, I really need help, I'm tired of feeling unhappy with my body, I'm tired of worrying about every bite I take, I'm tired of wondering if I'll ever be back down to the size I used to, so I need you to take this into your hands, Yes I know, I ask you constantly to take a part of my life into your hands and it's usually somethingMAJOR , but I figure if I can give you the big things and you so easily take care of them, why not the small ones, that should be a piece of cake for you (mmmm cake, wait, see what I mean). So from this moment on, it's in your hands."

I'm happy to announce that from this day on, it's in God's hands. If it's his will that I loose weight without starving myself then great, but if it's his will that I stay the same size for the rest of my life, then you know what? So be it!!!
And don't shake your heads at me and think "oh yeah, like it's THAT easy". It is, everything and anything is easy and possible with God, we just make our lives difficult.

Now that I got that off my chest, let me tell you about our trip to the Volcanoes. As usual no family trip is ever without some sort of funny incident right???
Well seeing that Nicholas just got potty trained this past week, at first I was going to put a diaper on him (yes I know, silly mommy would just make it worse), then I thought "no I can't keep doing that or he will regress". So I let him wear his big boy underwear. BUT, he is still at that stage where if he has to go it's gotta be now, he doesn't understand the concept of holding it in for a bit until we get to a restroom. What does a mommy do in a situation like that? Well, the mommy grabs the nearest bucket and takes it with her. LOL

So we take a bucket in case he had to go potty. We get to the Volcano and climb up to the top. That in itself was an adventure because it's steep and we kept sliding, not to mention I'm so unfit that halfway my legs started feeling like jello......at least now they feel like they look right? I'll just embrace it LOL (hubby would be mad if he heard me say that, he says my idea of my body is very distorted).

This was the view halfway to the top, you can see our truck parked at the bottom.


We made it to the top and the kids collected some lava rocks and then we went back down again, by the time we got to the bottom I asked Nicholas if he had to go potty and he said yes. Out comes the bucket and then daddy says "wait, he's a boy let me just take him and see if he does it". Well, I was at the back of the truck with Jasmine, giving Lola some water and I could hear this.

Daddy: Ok Nicholas, now go potty.
Nicholas: I can't!!!
Daddy: Yes you can, I've pulled your pants down, just go potty.
Nicholas: No, I can't, I can't do it standing up.

LOL yeah so I passed him the bucket and then he finally did. So I said to hubby "look I've done my part, I got the hardest one done, he's potty trained and using big boy underwear, the REST is up to you, I can't show him the whole standing up thing" LOL You should have seen his face!!!! Priceless!!!

Here's some more pics from yesterday, including some of the shiny blue rocks we picked up too.






There ya have it, just a few more pics.

Last night I watched "Captain Correlli's Mandolin". LOVED IT!!! Was really sweet and Nicholas Cage and Penelope Cruz were great together :)

So what do I have planned for today???

  1. Go over Living room carpet once more with Carpet Cleaner.
  2. Return cleaner to self help.
  3. One load of laundry.
  4. One pile of clothes to Iron.
  5. Sweep and Mop kitchen floor.
  6. Return movies to the Library.

Not bad at all, I should be done with all of this by lunch time.

With that said, I'm out of here. Amazing how much of a mess the kids can make when left to play for a few minutes while I write this entry.
Have a wonderful day and remember to Thank God for all the blessings in your life :)

6 comments:

someone else said...

I say, just eat properly and wisely. I don't NEED to say get exercise, because with children you just get exercise whether you want to or not.

From your pictures you look great. And the only reason those skeletal girls in commercials and magazines look like that is because they're under 25 and have never had children. Their day will come!! (evil laugh!)

Angie said...

I so did the same thing the other day with my weight. If you really mean it, it is very freeing! As long as I eat right I feel better!

As far as the potty training goes...you go girl! Good job, know pass the torch over to Dad...believe me... before you know it he will be peeing on every tree he can find (and even things that aren't trees)!
Sounds like you guys had a great time! Yay you!

Courtney said...

#1 you are beautiful! Inside & out but I totally know where your coming from. You know me my whole life is a diet & its getting so old. I'm glad you are excepting who you are because you are because you are such a special person. I love the pics! Looks so fun.

Donnetta said...

Beautiful pictures. Sounds like a wonderously fun day with the family!

And as for the situation with your son, standing, and well "going" outside... don't rush it friend. Before you know it he'll be doing that at places and times that will mortify you! :-) Part of life with boys I guess...

Mom2fur said...

Sweetie, unless you are only about 4' 11" tall, you sound like your weight is just right! I think the picture of you is beautiful! Darn, I'd kill (okay, not really) to be 135 pounds. I'm only 5'2" tall and I don't even want to know what I weigh--except I'm a size 14. I'm a classic example of a person who self-medicates with food. Not necessarily for emotional comfort, but because it gives me some pleasure when my back hurts like the Dickens. I can't take most meds because of my stomach. Tylenol does nothing for inflammation. What I need to do is realize that food really doesn't make my back feel any better, after all.
Just remember that you are beautiful!

Sandra said...

Emily - I ordered the book you suggested yesterday and I can NOT wait to read it. Thank you so much for the recommendation :) Thanks for always knowing what to say and for always bringing a huge smile to my face. I love ya :)

morning glory - LOL I love your evil laugh, you're so right though, their day will come. I do need to remember to eat healthier and just be happy with my body. Thank you, you're always so full of great advice and I truly treasure it :)

Janice - I'm glad I'm not the only one who has struggled with this issue. You are right about our bodies being a temple and the minute you put it that way, it all makes so much more sense. Thank you :)

Angie - yep, I've passed the torch to daddy, he needs to take over from here LOL

Courtney - I love ya girl, I really do, you make me smile. You're such an amazing lady. Thank you for always being there :)

Kim - Yay, I'm tagged, going to check it out :)

momrn2 - LOL now that is what scares me, if I see him pull his pants down in front of people I will me mortified LOL

Janice - I'm on it :)

mom2fur - Thank you for stopping by my blog. I eat food for pleasure or if I'm bored and that's been one of my hardest struggles. I'm so sorry your back hurts you so much, will be praying for you :) Thank you for all the sweet comments, they made my day :)