Sunday, June 04, 2006

Ummmm if I say I will be back later to post

more, just ignore that LOL
I don't know how many times I say that I will come back later in the day and update or post something and then I don't, I really do mean to, but it never works that way.

We had a great time at the bowling alley yesterday. Scottie and the kids had a blast bowling, so if you want to see some pics, head on over to Veronica's blog.

After we left the birthday party we swung by the library to pick up some chick movies for me. Yeah, I got 3 LOL I already watched two of those so I guess I need to go back and get more. I don't know what it is, it's like some months I can go by without watching one movie, and then there's those months that I have to watch one everyday. Just yesterday I sat on the computer and added movies to my Netflix Queue, and let me tell you, it's all just romance movies, mostly historical romances.

So last night, I watched "An Unfinished Life". I didn't know if I would like it, but it was pretty good, Robert Redford and Morgan Freeman are in it and I love them, but it also has Jennifer Lopez. It was a pretty good movie.
Then I watched "Persuasion", another historical romance which I enjoyed. Today I still have "Captain Correlli's Mandolin" to watch.

Anyway, I just got done washing the breakfast dishes. See, we have this thing in my house, when hubby works normal day shift hours, we get to sleep in on the weekends. He gets Saturday mornings and I get Sundays. Whoever gets up with the kids then fixes breakfast. BUT this morning, it didn't go according to plan. He decided to stay up until 2:30 am playing computer games, so what happened when Nicholas was ready to get up at 6am???
Come on, you can guess can't you??? Yep, he wasn't ready to wake up, so I did. That means he got to sleep in both days......UNFAIR is all I say LOL

As I sit here typing I'm thinking about what I have to do today. Right after I'm done with this, I have to gather the digital camera and camcorder and make sure the batteries are charged and then get some water and snacks ready. In the meantime I have to steam clean my living room carpet so that it will dry while we are out.

We're heading to the Volcanoes just 15 minutes from base. Can't wait, it should be a lot a fun. The kids are excited and have been talking about it for 2 weeks, so I think it's high time we just took them. Then of course it's back home to steam clean the rest of the carpets. Fun Fun!!!

This week I'm going to be working on some more items for Lori Foster's Cafepress Store. I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I love Lori Foster's books, and I've been working with her making graphics for her online store and also for the Reader Author Get Together in just a few days, June 9th.

If you're a romance book reader and you're in or near the West Chester, Ohio area, I would suggest you go hang out with these amazing authors. For more information on all the authors that are attending, just go to Lori Foster's site and the Reader & Author Get Together 2006 page. You are going to meet authors such as Lori Foster, Dianne Castell, Toni Blake, Erin McCarthy, LuAnn Maclane just to name a few. I wish I could be there myself, that would have been awesome. But I'm just thrilled to know Lori and Dianne, it's always such a great feeling to get one of their new books in the mail, especially one that is autographed by them. :)

I thank God for allowing me the pleasure of meeting such amazing authors who are so down to earth and so sweet, can't say enough good things about them.

You know just the other day I was laying in bed thinking about all the blessings that God has bestowed upon me and my family. I think we get so caught up in the here and now and the wanting something more, that we forget to sit back and realize what he already gave us. So I've decided that everyday, instead of thinking I COULD, I will think I HAVE!!! It makes a world of difference when you really allow yourself to look around and see all the different ways in which he works in your lives. Some are flat out huge and in your face (so to speak), and others are smaller and not so noticeable but yet of same importance. Just allow yourself to reflect in those and to enjoy them.

Another thing I thank God for everyday, is for some of the ladies that I've met through the blog. True friends who even though I've never met face to face, already hold a very special place in my heart. They are there when you're having a bad day, they cry with you, they pray for you and cheer you on, and then during the good times, they laugh, they sing and they throw a party in your favor. How beautiful is that???? So to Emily, Courtney, Morning Glory, Melanie, Jaymi and Liz and so many others, thank you, for being you, for being amazing and loving women, I'm truly blessed and lucky to know each and every single one of you.

And with that I'm out of here before I start crying. LOL I'm such a wuss and I cry for everything, I think I'm hormonal even when I'm not pregnant. Oh well, I'll take it with open arms and smile through it right???
I would say I'll be back later, but I better not, I might not have the time, although I do want to come and post the pics of the volcanoes. We will see.

Hope you all have a blessed and wonderful sunday. :)

EDIT: We just got back and had a blast collecting all sorts of lava rock and other beautiful ones, including these really nice blue shiny ones that I will take a pic of tomorrow.
Here are the pics taken today, this first one is of me, I had climbed up on this HUGE volcanic rock and then had a hard time climbing back down, I was laughing and Curt snapped the pic, it's actually one of my favorites.


I took a pic of hubby, the kids and Lola (our pug) messing around on the rocks.

This one is my FAVORITE, I just love the way it turned out. My beautiful kids :)

Helping each other climb the rocks. :)

And here's some views from the volcano of the areas around, how peaceful and calm, it's such an amazing feeling being up there and feeling closer to God :)






3 comments:

someone else said...

I think I need to look into that Robert Redford movie. He's a favorite of mine.

Thank you for the really nice thing you just said!

Courtney said...

I love the pictures especially you laughing. Too cute!
Sandra, you to are a blessing in my life. Though we have never actually met I feel like I can tell you anything. Thank you for that! Chance made you stop by my blog but hearts made us friends. Ok now I'm crying...lol!
I love ya :)
~Court~

Anonymous said...

I love those photos!!! Especially the one of your two kids. Gosh that is just beautiful