Tuesday, June 13, 2006

TREASURE TUESDAY!!!

Time for another Treasure Tuesday. You know I have to tell you, I just love tuesdays because if for some reason there is nothing going on or I'm drawing a blank as to what to write about, this just fills up my day. LOL

So here we go:

Nowadays with technology being so advanced, very seldom do you rely on snail mail. We all get so carried away with emails and computers that we've lost that personal touch of actually sitting down with a piece of paper and pen, and jotting down our thoughts and news to distant family members.

I know, I do the same exact thing. There's always an excuse, I'm too busy, I didn't get a chance, I will do it next week, I would rather just email it's quicker.......tons of excuses, yes they're just excuses. But to me, there is nothing sweeter than going to the mail box and finding a hand written letter from a family member all the way across the world.

That is why for today's Treasure Tuesday, I picked handwritten letters. I've been saving these for years, they are either from my mom, or my grandmothers or stepmother and they all mean a lot to me. It's great going back and reading them again, reminiscing about what was going on at that point in my life. So here you go, my handwritten letters!!!


Letters from mom, grandma Odete, grandma Jacinta and my stepmom.


Just a few of the letters that I wrote to Curt when he was deployed right after 9/11. I still have a HUGE stack of the letters he brought back with him. I love reading them again, takes me right back to those days of feeling scared, worried, missing him etc. Beautiful treasure to us both :)

For a list of other participants, head on over to Faithful Mommy. If you play along, add your name to the linky list too :)


3 comments:

Christina said...

Oh, those are wonderful! I think handwritten letters are simply beautiful. Well, as long as they're not written by me - I have lousy handwriting! :)

Thank you for the gorgeous template design you whipped up for my contest! I was looking more for a logo or tagline, but I'm going to enter it into the contest as well (or at the very least, save the design for when I switch templates!). You're very talented!

Beck said...

That's a beautiful treasure. I'm kicking myself right now for not saving the ONE letter than my grandmother wrote to me - we lived in the same town, so there wasn't a whole lot of excuses to write to each other, but it would have been nice to have it now.
Thank you for posting that!

Overwhelmed! said...

I love, love, love handwritten letters! They're hard to come by these days it seems. Luckily I have one friend that still sends me real letters. :)

My TT is up as well. Stop by and take a peek. :)