Saturday, June 10, 2006

Remember When???

Since I didn't have time yesterday to post my "Remember When???", I wanted to do it this morning.
For those new to my blog, every friday I post a story or memory, either from my childhood years or vacations as an adult etc. These are memories that have stuck with me, either because they're funny, scary or life changing.



Last summer, my MIL and BIL came to visit. You've heard me say before how much I enjoy having them here, it's always so much fun to be with them and we laugh until our stomachs hurt.

Now remember one of the stories I told you about, was when we went to the Dinosaur Museum in Ogden, Utah. I was bombarded by birds and left looking like a paintball exhibit. Go here, if you want to read the story.

On another trip, we went to a nearby park called the Bruneau Dunes. We rented a cabin for only $35 a night, which fit all of us and overlooked the Dunes. One of the highlights of the trip was the fact that we got to go to their observatory for a show and then got to use the telescopes to see the beautiful night sky. Curt and I are HUGE astronomy fans, we have our own telescopes and accessories and we love dabbling in astrophotography.

So anyway, after the show at the observatory, we are standing there waiting for our turn to look through the big telescope. Nicholas was in the stroller asleep and everything was fine except that it was kinda chilly. We finally get to move into the actual building that houses the telescope, and now just so you know, when they want to move the telescope to a different location of the sky, they alert everyone to move away from the walls of the building, because the whole building rotates. The kids thought that was cool, well, I did too and I'm not a kid. LOL
Anyway, we're almost up to the telescope, there's only about 3 people in front of us, when Nicholas wakes up. He starts crying that he wants out of the stroller, so I pick him up. I am holding him up against my chest and then I get this warm feeling in my stomach and down my pants. I welcomed it at first because I was cold but then panic struck me.........it slowly started to register in my mind that it was not normal to feel that warmth spreading through my body. I quickly pulled Nicholas away from me only to realize that he had pee'd through his diaper. GREAT, JUST GREAT.......so now I have to walk up the telescope stairs, while holding him close to me and my clothes soaking wet with pee. FUN FUN!!!

But I had been looking forward to that and in no way was I going to let that stop me from enjoying the night sky. Pee or no Pee, I was seeing the nebulae and Jupiter, dagnabit!!!!

The ride back to the cabin was mighty uncomfortable let me tell you. LOL

But our night wasn't over. We get back and realize that we're hungry, and we don't have anything to eat, so what do insane smart people do in those situations?
They get in the truck and drive 15 minutes back to town for a McDonald's meal and then drive back to the cabin to sleep LOL

So there you have it, our fun day at the Bruneau Dunes. Don't forget to check out my "Remember When???" next week.

1 comment:

Colloquist said...

Please tell me you changed the shirt and the diaper before heading down to McD's!! :D Thanks for sharing the memories!