Monday, June 19, 2006

Mommy by day, Fighter by night!!!



Yep that's me, by day I fight potty training, sibling rivalry, misterious stains, missing socks, mountain laundry and jelly faces.



Then the kids go to bed and I turn into a fighter for the lands of Camelot, helping Arthur and the Knights fight against the Realm of Midgard and Hibernia. I ride my horse, wear beautiful gowns and hand out justice where needed. Ahhhhhh such bliss!!!
Yeah it's fun to get away from reality for a few hours and indulge in some gaming fun with the hubby. I was surprised and ecstatic to find out that some of you play games with your hubbies too because I know a lot of ladies that don't and find it repulsive to even consider such a thing.

So this is what hubby and I have been doing this weekend, during the day we spend time with the kids and work on the house and yard etc, and then at night we spend a few hours playing "Dark Age of Camelot" together, I don't think I've laughed so hard as we do when playing that game.
It's been great bonding and finding something to do that we both enjoy :)

This weekend we also redid our living room. We rearranged everything, moved the HUGE tv, the sectional couches, etc. But I'm not showing you the pictures today, I'm going to save those for tomorrow's "Tackle it Tuesday".

I just can't think straight today, you know that feeling??? The one where you can't really seem to get a clear thought together???
Yesterday I started feeling like I was getting a cold, and lo and behold I get up today and my voice is all croaky, my head is killing me, I keep sneezing and my nose is running. Huh??? Where did THAT come from??? Am I so weak that just a few thunderstorms and the change in temperature is enough to get me sick??? That's a sad thought.

I have to point in the direction of my food blog again, where I posted a recipe for Lasagna by Sandra Lee (from the food network). I made it for dinner last night and it was just YUM-O (as Rachael Ray would say). So if you wish, just go on over and check it out.

I was talking on the phone with my dear SIL Hayley yesterday and we were saying how time just seems to be flying by and we're getting older, every year it just seems like the numbers keep growing, but that we feel the same way we did when we were both still single and hanging out at my house, watching movies, having sleepovers and being silly girls.

I hadn't thought about it until then, but it's true, because even though I'm getting older, here in August I will be turning 32, I don't really feel it, I still feel like I did when I was 18 (that's a good thing right?) Now that doesn't mean that I can still DO the things I did back then, God only knows my body doesn't cooperate anymore LOL

I remember growing up I used to believe that the minute I started feeling older, I would just resign myself to that fact, but it's been the total opposite for me, I'm more determined than ever to NOT let age get to me. Yes go ahead and laugh, I know there are many out there thinking "Oh for pete's sake, she's only turning 32".
That may be true, but one thing I've noticed is that when I turned 30, I started thinking back on my life, on who I am, on what I do and it was almost a daily struggle with my mind, the constant bombarding of questions "are you happy with your life?", "why haven't you accomplished more?", "who ARE you?". I think every one goes through that stage, some get through it fairly quickly and others seem to get stuck in a rut, wondering and questioning every single aspect of their lives.

Me, I guess I just got through it really fast. Not without my own doubts, but I think I just didn't let it keep me stuck in that frame of mind, I moved on. So I'm getting older, and??? Honestly, WHO CARES!!!!
So from now on I'm just going to adopt the saying "Just like wine, she gets better with age". At least it makes me feel happier LOL

So what do I have planned for today:

  1. Start reading my new book "Diapers, Pacifiers and other Holy Things".
  2. Put all my laundry away.
  3. Sweep, vacuum and mop. (seems the cleaning fairy is on vacation)
  4. Return movies to library.
  5. Make template for hubby's blog.
  6. Bake Bread.
  7. Iron one basket of laundry.
  8. Mending a few clothes.
  9. Craft with kids.
  10. Post today's recipe to food blog.

Now the way I'm feeling today, I'm hoping to to make it through one or two of those. These are the days I wish I had a cleaning lady, a buttler, a chef and a chauffeur. *sigh*
A woman's work is never done is it???

With that said, Ladies, I hope you have a great monday. :)

When you find yourself caught in a web of unanswerable "whys", imagine your problems as a convoluted mass of yarn with such tangles that you could never straighten it out.
Then imagine yourself dropping the tangles of your life into God's hands and leaving them there, knowing God alone can untangle the threads of our lives.

7 comments:

Angie said...

I love that last little quote you left us with. That about sums it all up, huh?
I have just come to enjoy this season of life no matter what and no matter which season I am in. That is all we can really do right? Make the most out of everyday!
And with all that said I will leave you with 'A messy house is the sign of a fun family! And a clean house is the sign of a wasted life!'
Hugs to you today!

Michelle said...

That's great you and hubby have found something to bond together! Mine plays WOW and has been telling me I should play with him, that it's fun and all that. I don't find it repulsive, that's his outlet and that's fine - but I haven't been able to get enthusiastic about playing it myself! LOL

Hey I have an August birthday coming up too...what date is yours?

Courtney said...

I just looked at your hubby's blog. You did a great job girl! You are so good at that stuff:)
Love ya,
Court

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you. I too feel like I just left school. You know? Like my school days were just yesterday and that I'm still free to come and go.
Then reality hits lol

Shionge said...

Wow! What a handful and busy Monday...it's Tuesday here in Singapore and hope your Monday was excellent.

Sandra said...

angie - Loved your little saying, it's so true, at times we get so caught up with having a clean house that we waste precious time we could be spending with the family. Hugs :)

emily - I don't know where this cold came from, but it's kicking my behind LOL Hope you're having a great day, love ya :)

michelle - hubby and I almost played WOW LOL You should give it a try, I also didn't want to at first and then I did, and now I seem to be more addicted to him than he is LOL My birthday is August 10th, when is yours?

courtney - Aww thank you :) Love ya girl, hope you're feeling ok and not too stressed out :)

kristina - will definitely let you all know how the book is, it looks really good :)

Jaymi - YAY, like I told michelle, at first I wasn't thrilled, it just wasn't doing it for me LOL But I found that the more I played with hubby the more I liked it and we have a LOT of fun hunting together :) Let me know how it goes :)

the mother load - LOL I'm glad you're getting into it....I figure I might as well try to do something he likes and I'm actually enjoying it :)

Mel - LOL I feel the same way, I vividly remember all the times back in school and let myself drift back there and then BAM "MOMMY, I'm hungry"....dangit LOL

shionge - Hope you're having a great Tuesday, well probably almost wednesday for you now LOL

Michelle said...

My hubby is so addicted to WOW! I guess he has WOW and I have my blogs LOL

Mine is the 1st!