Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Cloudy Day!!!

Woke up this morning feeling the same as yesterday, running a bit of a fever, sore throat and headache, guess this cold will stick around a bit longer than I thought.

The kids must be getting it too, they're kind of mopy (hope I got that right) and Jasmine has been sleeping in until 9:30am, which is just not normal for her. Poor Curt, hopefully he doesn't get this cold, maybe we should keep him clear of us? Or the house? Nah, where would he sleep right? LOL

Yesterday I managed to get all my to do list, done. It felt good to get it all achieved, wasn't easy as I was moving slower than usual, but I am happy I did it.
A couple of you asked about the Boston Cream Cupcakes, so I decided to share the recipe on my food blog.

Here's some pictures of the kids yesterday, having fun with the cupcakes.



When we were done, they both looked at me and said "we had so much fun, we loved making cupcakes with you". Isn't it great???
Here we think that in order for kids to be happy we have to buy them expensive toys or enroll them in all these sports and classes, when all they really want is something as simple as making cupcakes with their mommy. Thank you Lord, for reminding me that it's not THE QUANTITY, but THE QUALITY of what we do with our kids.

I'm feeling a little down today, I don't know if it might also be the fact that I'm not feeling well, but cloudy days + being sick = cranky, sad mommy.
I think I need to hold the Lord's hand a bit more tightly today and let him guide me through it, I don't know how else to make it through.

Remember I had said that I was in the middle of getting my "Green Card"?
Well if you only knew how much paperwork and questions and fees are involved, I think you would be running at turbo speed, in the opposite direction.
It's more frustrating when you send everything in only to be told that something is missing and now you need to redo it.....ok fine, I will.
Just means more paperwork, more money and more headaches, but hey, it's worth it in the end right?

I wish I had some profound words to say today, or even something that you could all walk away with feeling "wow that was deep, definitely thought provoking". I don't!!!
Actually, I very seldom do, but I think it's God's way of keeping me in my place, making sure I don't grow a huge head and try to preach what I don't know myself.
I feel like a kindergartener when it comes to my relationship with God.
You know, you tread carefully, you push your limits, you break the rules, you get your time-outs and thinking spots....."what did you do to get here? How does it make you feel? What will you do next time?". I never realized how well those words apply to my mistakes in real life.

Think I'm going to go print those words out on index cards and place them all over my house, next time I mess up with the Lord, I can read them out loud.

And that's it, the weather is looking gloomy, my heart is feeling it too and I feel God tugging at my hand, urging me to sit on his lap and let it all go. I think I need that, it's been a while since I've had a good cry.

See you all tomorrow,
God Bless,

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Sometimes we do need to have a good cry and just let it all out - hope you are feeling better tomorrow.

What a great montage you made of the cupcake making fun yesterday...and what a reward you got from them telling you it was so fun to make cupcakes with you! Aaawww how sweet!

Well I'm going over to check the lik for your cupcake recipe as I love Boston Creme Pie!

Looney Mom™ said...

I think this was profound enough: "Here we think that in order for kids to be happy we have to buy them expensive toys or enroll them in all these sports and classes, when all they really want is something as simple as making cupcakes with their mommy. Thank you Lord, for reminding me that it's not THE QUANTITY, but THE QUALITY of what we do with our kids."

Thanks for the reminder! I do pray you feel better soon and that the rest of your family doesn't get it too!

Kristen said...

My kids love nothing more than to just bake cookies with me or have me play with them. I better enjoy it now because before I know it, they'll want nothing to do with me!

Sorry you're not feeling well. Hope you get better soon!

someone else said...

Sorry you're having such a down day. I know what those feel like. Prayers for a lift along the way......

rena said...

Hope you feel better soon. And as for profound??? Your honesty is profound enough!

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE making cupcakes too! Right now we're considering a new moms n tots group and swimming lessons...I was glad to hear your fresh take on things!

Nettie said...

I love the photo collage of your kids! I am impressed that you take on such projects when you are not feeling so great. Hope you feel better soon, both physically and emotionally! And thanks for the great thoughts on spending quality time with our children. Good reminder!

Shionge said...

You did well and hope the 'cloudy' day within you will be gone soon.

Wish I have some of those cupcakes too...take care.